F I hope.
160 C oil seems hot to me.

***Edited, just to be a dick...as I know you're just helping other, but it's part of our rules to not allow external links to other Corvette forums. My apologies. Send me a message if you have questions. Riley P***

I live and learn....

D

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way... that 275 F temp for oil break down is for petroleum oil.. synthetics will withstand higher temps but if you're running 320 F engine oil temps, I would be concerned about long term engine life, synthetic oil or not....

Found this little gem today.... According to this at 160 C you are running 20 C hotter than the max expected track temp. And thats light driving which also according to this should be showing 80% lower temps.
This says max temps. I'm going to check the temps on my Z when I get home....

I can see this is going to be a great thread...
Think we need an expert to chime in here.

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 08.38.41.png

Fahrenheit Z06: The Maximum Operating Temperatures for the Corvette Z06 Are Insane

Derek

Last edited:
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Seems to me the jury is still out reading the posts.
Mobil 1 is the oil most of us use as recommended by GM.
Did you see the posts on Mobil 1? Did you buy your car new? What are you driving? Z06 15,16 or17? Love to see a pic man.

Lol.... Heat Shield Mike.... Heat Shield.... The savior for most Corvettes.... Especially the ones running 500 degree engine temps... Actually the C7s seem to have beaten that trend.... A bit disappointing on occasion though as the C6 definitely kept cupholder coffee warmer... Guess I can live with that....
:rofl:

Reactions: Riley P
I can't believe how hot my tunnel gets sometimes. Hence the reason I'm not a hot weather driver. Anything above 20 cel,I cook !!
I do not like heat,or sun.

I was first introduced to the heat shortly after I bought the car. I had a caramilk bar in the centre console. After I got home,lol. Ooooookk !!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.