Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Got a call from Colin Lines this afternoon, we have not talked in a long time. It was good to hear from him. Colin was a moderator on the CCF forum for a long time (CCO) but has not been active on the board recently. Colin is well, the past couple of years have been tough for him, his mom passed away last fall and his twin brother Terry, also a Corvette enthusiast, has been struggling with health issues. Colin is still a Corvette owner although he has not driven it in a couple of years.

He was saddened to hear of Garry's passing, he knew him well from the time Garry had his Z06 at Manny's. He was not aware of the passing of Navion (Terry?, memory is slipping) or Don Peterson. He knew Navion from work that Manny did on his C6 ZR1.

Colin said to say hello to all and wished everyone well.

Thanks for the well wishes all -- and thanks Murray for filling everyone in. Miss u all as always .. wow how things have changed here.....indeed 3500 members thanks to all Admins and Moderators for their hard work.

As Murray suggests: it's been a long haul with Mom's bad health over the last few years but she is back with Dad now who passed in 2001. She was happy and reasonably healthy (despite dementia) and had Terry, me, and the good folks and doctors at a local Retirement home (Riverbend Place in Cambridge) to look after her.
Going to be some time getting used to not having Mom to lean on and help ............ slowly getting back to somewhat normal.

No downtime tho with Terry needing help with his health problems but we're gradually getting thru it. The biggest downer tho is that Terry cannot drive so he has a lot of 'Vette' time to catch up on (lol as I do) .. We have one vette now : our favourite: Terry's first : a 2006 Monterey Red Vert. (my avi next to the recently departed Bowling Green C4) ,Paul in St John New Brunswick was kind enough to return it to its home -- of course it cost me my '11 GS but we were very happy to 'trade'. Cheers Paul (sorry forgot s/n) .

Terry and i will endeavour to attend meets again soon -- we miss all our vette friends and often talk about old times and seeing them again. Tony in Welland keeps us apprised of any meets -- tnx Tony. Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.

I was totally taken aback by the news of Garry's passing. He was a true friend and vette enthusiast to us all with many stories about vettes and farming. He loved to tell stories of his friends, his farming, family, and of course his awesome ZO6-- as many of you know.
RIP my friend; we'll not forget you. You've left a real lagacy in the farming and vette world.

Colin (CCO) in Cambridge ON. (AKA "Old Timer") :)

Last edited:
Good to hear from you Colin. My condolences for your loss. Went through it a year ago with my Dad, but as you say, my parents are together now as well. Hopefully things return to normal for you and Terry soon.
Eric

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.