On a side note regarding the owners comment " That use to be in the trunk lol". One of the biggest issues is/can be loose objects in a car. The favorite water bottle of today's crowd be it plastic or metal is an issue. You wouldn't think a little old bottle of water could be a problem (or any other beverage container) ....Well it can. Even during spirited driving a water bottle can go astray. You will experience quite a shock if a loose water bottle finds it's way under your brake pedal at the wrong moment. If you're lucky it's just a startling experience...if not....On set we are taught to check our cars for objects and water bottles. Even looking under the seats. Under hard driving conditions a bottle somebody else left in a car can roll out. Ending up under a brake pedal or interfering with foot movement etc. Even just the mental distraction of the bottle hitting your feet in non threatening way can cause you to lose focus. That split second can be enough for things to go wrong. Not to mention what happened in this track situation. Any object in a car that is not properly secured becomes a projectile in the event of an accident. As many of the experienced guys on here know I'm sure.

You know, I realize the writer said that the owner of the Corvette took it in good stride, but to be smiling/laughing and just brush off destroying the car makes me think that the owner either didn't really own the car, has a LOT of money, or just didn't care about the car. Either way, if someone doesn't really car about the car or what happens to it, it could, and actually did, make them dangerous on the track. At least no one was near him when he wrecked. But, cars can be fixed, so it's good that no one was hurt and good that this was on a track as opposed to the streets.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread