Aug 23, 2024
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Conv Z51
Province
ON
Hi all.
I know this has been discussed in the past but after a forum search it looks like the threads are a year or 2 old. I am curious to hear others advice or current experiences at the local Simcoe County dealerships for service. I purchased my 23 HTC at Wilson-Niblett in Richmond Hill (which was a very positive experience) but I don't really want to drive back down there for service. I heard Jim Wilson was purchased by the same group that owns Wilson-Niblett but I am not sure if they have a Corvette technician. Was hoping to get some information from the community before I start calling around to interview the dealerships.
Thanks in advance for any information.

Took my C7 (19) to Georgian in Barrie initially, but they tried to charge me once for an alignment, but I noticed all the #'s were still within spec, so there was no need to adjust anything, thus 'No Charge'. They agreed and should not have tried to bill me for this (never went back). Since then, I've been going to Sadlon in Barrie. I took my C8 (23) there last fall for an oil change, no issues. Plan on taking it back there next month for another oil change and transmission filter change. I believe Sadlon is the biggest Corvette dealership in the Barrie area, so they should also be somewhat familiar with the Service end as well. I bought the 2 Vette's at Cullen's in St. Catherine's, so taking it their for service isn't an option...

Reactions: Koom53
I had an appointment scheduled at Paul Sadlon in Barrie to remove my low profile spoiler and install a OEM Z51 spoiler my C8 . I dropped off the car first thing in the morning, within half a hour I get a call from the service advisor saying I was missing the gasket kit? I believe it’s 3M two sided tape? I asked them to use some two sided tape or nothing at all. She calls me back 10 minutes later saying the Tech wasn’t comfortable with that and refused to do the job. They quoted me 2 1/2 hours shop labour. I called Wilson Niblett and had it installed with no issues . Not saying this is typical of Paul Sadlon but this was my experience and I unfortunately wil be going down to Wilson Niblett going forward.

Reactions: Koom53
I can tell you that Paul Sadlon is a true supporter of our hobby. We recently held the Ontario Corvette Caravan (105 cars) to the Corvette Museum to join about 5000 other Corvettes in celebrating the Museum's 30th Anniversary. We approached Paul Jr to ask for sponsorship because we had heard lots of good things about this dealership. He stepped up to the plate right away to help us financially. If you do choose to go there for service, and you tell them one of the reasons you are going there is because of their support of the Caravan, you can bet that Paul Jr will want to ensure your experience with his service department will be pleasant to keep you coming back. I mean, that's why he spent the money to support us!

I can tell you that Paul Sadlon is a true supporter of our hobby. We recently held the Ontario Corvette Caravan (105 cars) to the Corvette Museum to join about 5000 other Corvettes in celebrating the Museum's 30th Anniversary. We approached Paul Jr to ask for sponsorship because we had heard lots of good things about this dealership. He stepped up to the plate right away to help us financially. If you do choose to go there for service, and you tell them one of the reasons you are going there is because of their support of the Caravan, you can bet that Paul Jr will want to ensure your experience with his service department will be pleasant to keep you coming back. I mean, that's why he spent the money to support us!
"True supporter"? Only if you have a C7 or C8. I have a C6 and my neighbor has a C6 and we were both told our cars were too old for Sadlon to service.

Users who are viewing this thread