FastEddie

I'm New Here
Jul 22, 2015
VetteCoins
Car
2102 Grand Sport
I have recently noticed a shake at "highway speeds" in my 2012 GS. It is still on the original tires with just 20,000Km. I am driving it much more this month as my Denali is under repair. Now I get this steering wheel shake and it is generally rough at Highway Speeds on the 400 series. I store it with the wheels on white styrofoam each winter . Is it time for a new set of tires? Are the tires just OLD?

What do you think?

Automotive tires degrade over time and have a "life span" Look for the letters D-O-T on the side of your tires followed by a series of up to 13 characters. For tires made since the year 2000, the tire date code is always the last four numbers in the series. The first two digits represent the week of the year the tires were made, and the last two digits indicate the year.

Last time you had the wheels balanced?? Perhaps some wheel weights have come off if they are stick on weights.

If your car sits for a long time with no movement there could be flat spots on the tires and if they are old tires won't be as easy to unflatspot (word of the day) and be round again.

Users who are viewing this thread