Jul 6, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Province
ON
Hello everyone,

Just joined the forum to hopefully get some more info on ordering a 2022 C8. I have seen the changes GM is making as far as the ADS system etc.

My question is, does anyone have any incite into order a 2022? from what I can tell you cannot currently order a 2022, yet my dealer I went to said they are full on allocations? Im just trying to place and order, even if it takes a year to deliver

Thanks very much for the help,

Brandon

@netsinah will chime in shortly with everything you need to know! lol, but what dealer are you with? I'd call one of the big three and get on their list.
Brian Cullen in Saint Catharine's, Wilson Niblett in North Toronto or Bill Spencer in Coburg (Thanks RockMan :) ).
You need to know how many they expect and where you are on their list.

Last edited:
Reactions: RockMan
@netsinah will chime in shortly with everything you need to know! lol, but what dealer are you with? I'd call one of the big three and get on their list.
Brian Cullen in Saint Catharine's, Wilson Niblett in North Toronto or Mental block in Coburg (I'll edit this later with the name when my brain decides to remember it).
Bill Spencer

Reactions: Murray20c8
Brian Cullen in Saint Catharine's, Wilson Niblett in North Toronto or Mental block in Coburg (I'll edit this later with the name when my brain decides to remember it).

Ouch. I must clean up my reputation, given Murray's comments...

Bill Spencer is one of the GM dealers that's a sponsor on these Forums and they're well thought of and familiar with Corvettes so you should be given good service/advice and kept informed about your order. Having said that, if you're being told that the 2022 C8 allocations which they expect to get from GM are such that you're too far down on their list to likely get one, then you should consider following Murray's advice and get your name on a list with someone else. You have a choice: jump ship completely and go with someone who tells you that they expect to get a 2022 allocation for you, or stay with Bill Spencer and ALSO get on the list with someone else as well. Your deposit is refundable until you actually get an allocation and make your order (that's usually the case but I'd have the dealer confirm that) so that's why many will get on multiple lists to better ensure they'll get an allocation. Hopefully you can talk to the dealer and put in a lesser deposit (ie. much less than $5,000) so too much of your money isn't tied up in multiple locations. Finally, recognize that lists change: even if you're far down on a list it's common for others ahead of you to drop out and you'll move up more quickly than expected and may get an allocation. That's what happened to me. But be sure any dealer you make a deposit with, confirms that they'll move you up on the list after anyone drops out, rather than take that allocation for the dealership itself...which some less reputable dealers (IMO) will do. But I doubt that Bill Spencer does that or any of the others that Murray has mentioned. Hope this helps out and good luck!

I'll just add RockMan that there's a wealth of info on these Forums and your question has likely been answered many times already on different threads, since these (mainly) COVID-caused delays with the C8 production and allocation difficulties have been with us for well over a year now and all of us who already have our C8's or have ordered them, have faced the same issues. Don't be shy to use the search function to locate them or other threads that will likely answer many of your other questions. Welcome to the Forums!

Last edited:
Ouch. I must clean up my reputation, given Murray's comments...

Bill Spencer is one of the GM dealers that's a sponsor on these Forums and they're well thought of and familiar with Corvettes so you should be given good service/advice and kept informed about your order. Having said that, if you're being told that the 2022 C8 allocations which they expect to get from GM are such that you're too far down on their list to likely get one, then you should consider following Murray's advice and get your name on a list with someone else. You have a choice: jump ship completely and go with someone who tells you that they expect to get a 2022 allocation for you, or stay with Bill Spencer and ALSO get on the list with someone else as well. Your deposit is refundable until you actually get an allocation and make your order (that's usually the case but I'd have the dealer confirm that) so that's why many will get on multiple lists to better ensure they'll get an allocation. Hopefully you can talk to the dealer and put in a lesser deposit (ie. much less than $5,000) so too much of your money isn't tied up in multiple locations. Finally, recognize that lists change: even if you're far down on a list it's common for others ahead of you to drop out and you'll move up more quickly than expected and may get an allocation. That's what happened to me. But be sure any dealer you make a deposit with, confirms that they'll move you up on the list after anyone drops out, rather than take that allocation for the dealership itself...which some less reputable dealers (IMO) will do. But I doubt that Bill Spencer does that or any of the others that Murray has mentioned. Hope this helps out and good luck!

I'll just add RockMan that there's a wealth of info on these Forums and your question has likely been answered many times already on different threads, since these (mainly) COVID-caused delays with the C8 production and allocation difficulties have been with us for well over a year now and all of us who already have our C8's or have ordered them, have faced the same issues. Don't be shy to use the search function to locate them or other threads that will likely answer many of your other questions. Welcome to the Forums!

I didn’t ask a question.
But thanks for the advice. 😊

• Haha
I'd highly recommend staying with Bill Spencer in Coburg. They were Canada's #1 Corvette volume dealership last year and seem to receive a large number of allocations.

I bought my 21 from them and have my name down on a 22. Everyone I've referred have received their C8s. Just an upstanding family dealer...

• Agree
Reactions: pozi240
I'd highly recommend staying with Bill Spencer in Coburg. They were Canada's #1 Corvette volume dealership last year and seem to receive a large number of allocations.

I bought my 21 from them and have my name down on a 22. Everyone I've referred have received their C8s. Just an upstanding family dealer...
the OP hasn't said what dealer he's with. lol.
Anyway, I doubt you can go wrong with any of the big three

the OP hasn't said what dealer he's with. lol.
Anyway, I doubt you can go wrong with any of the big three

Yes my bad. I now see that the original question was posed by hereispappagray whereas I assumed that it came from RockMan who presumably was telling us his order was placed with Bill Spencer. Sorry all. Anyways, hopefully my comments helped someone and hereispappagray will successfully get his allocation. Now back to my real job that I actually DO WELL if you can believe it and this will teach me to focus on it rather than get distracted by these Forums during work time, LOL.

Yes my bad. I now see that the original question was posed by hereispappagray whereas I assumed that it came from RockMan who presumably was telling us his order was placed with Bill Spencer. Sorry all. Anyways, hopefully my comments helped someone and hereispappagray will successfully get his allocation. Now back to my real job that I actually DO WELL if you can believe it and this will teach me to focus on it rather than get distracted by these Forums during work time, LOL.
Yeah @Murray20c8

LoL

• Haha
At Bill Spencer is there any specifically I should speak with?

Since posting I have found one allocation at Forbes Chevrolet who said what they think they should get, and they have less deposits then that which is good. Gave them a deposit, but looking to place another deposit elsewhere to liken my chances

At Bill Spencer is there any specifically I should speak with?

Since posting I have found one allocation at Forbes Chevrolet who said what they think they should get, and they have less deposits then that which is good. Gave them a deposit, but looking to place another deposit elsewhere to liken my chances
If you are near waterloo, why would you not call Brian Cullen? Jeff or Tracy can help you there.

I already called cullen yesterday, they had 80 deposits and said they already wont fulfill that order quantity.
Interesting. I was 83 on their list when I put down my deposit in July of 2019 and I received my car early August of 2020. And that was with the strike, the covid shutdown and all the parts supply issues.

Not sure, this is just what Cullen told me. Worth mentioning all I did was ask for an order, and would I get it in 2022. Didnt ask for anythign special etc. My only guess is they had a lot of people cancel orders and you got bumped. I don't think this round many people will bump orders, as I will bet the over MSRP used market will stay for a while until they can actually start cranking these cars out.

Not sure, this is just what Cullen told me. Worth mentioning all I did was ask for an order, and would I get it in 2022. Didnt ask for anythign special etc. My only guess is they had a lot of people cancel orders and you got bumped. I don't think this round many people will bump orders, as I will bet the over MSRP used market will stay for a while until they can actually start cranking these cars out.
Most certainly there were many drop outs. You could be right, but I think there will always be drop outs, but maybe not as many.

I spoke with Andrew Spencer at Bill Spencer Chevrolet. Great guy, he was honest and took time to give me the information I needed. As of last week, I am no 99 and he says that I should expect a 2023 model. Will need to be patient and hopefully there will be several dropouts...

Ordered a new 2022 Imsa Cham 3lt convertible august 25/21 when I was told they had allocation.
still at 1100mand losing patience as it’s a limited production car. Don’t care when I get it but wasn’t the order accepted so I know I will. The dealer has already got \my ]trade money also so I’m going to contact asap

You better contact your dealer asap, sounds like they are pulling your chain. Order status needs to be 2000 to be accepted by GM & if it was an August allocation you should have had it delivered by now or impending TPW. 1100 just means the dealer put an order in the system but it hasn’t been accepted by GM. GL!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.