Sep 10, 2020
London
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Corvette HTC
Province
ON
So, looks like the configurator will be up for the 2022 model on June 28, 2021. No Z06 will be on it
until after the car is "Officially" announced.
2021 Corvette production supposed to end on Fri. Sept 3, 2021.
2022 Corvette production to start Mon. Sept 6, 2021.
I have been hearing for months from my sources that Z06 production will not begin until April 2022.
However nothing is "Official" until the announce the car. But just in case my deposit is already in.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Corvette blogger is reporting week of August 9 will be the last week of production for MY 2021.

It's still a target, not carved in stone. I always suspected that GM would want to get back to a normal schedule, but isn't normal the third week in September?

Usually some time in July would be normal. However nothing normal going on these days..
Really? SO Corvette's are different from every other model GM makes? That's interesting. I guess it has something to do with the enthusiast market.

I was under the impression that all GM plants usually do summer shutdown and model change in July. At FCA it's almost always in July and model change is normally at that time. When my father worked for GM it was always July.

I was under the impression that all GM plants usually do summer shutdown and model change in July. At FCA it's almost always in July and model change is normally at that time. When my father worked for GM it was always July.
Well, I certainly could be wrong, but I thought all new models were in show rooms late September and not before. When I buy new cars I buy in August or early September for the end of year sales before the new MY
Edit: Of course they may retool in August to start early September for the new MY

If this was a normal model year change over the last 2021 would be built on Friday June 25th.
At some point during that shift, the regular production 2022's would start and continue the following week.
Those cars would be held as part of the captured fleet through to Friday July 2nd. The engineers would test
some of those cars over the next two weeks during the plants summer shutdown and then meet on or about Monday July 19th to discuss any issues that need to be corrected before the captured fleet cars are allowed to be shipped to dealers.
Last year the change over didn't happen until December 14th. This year September. Executives want the
model year changes to move back to a more "normal" time period. Looking like the Z06 is going to be added
to the middle/late part of the 2022 production year like the HTC was added last year. This late launch and ever
increasing demand for the Z06 isn't going to make it any easier to get back to the normal model year change over.

We have the 2022 ordering details. These come thanks to Harlan & Rick Conti.

June 9th = Visualizer

June 28th = Order Guide

Early-Mid July: Orders go in (thanks Harlan for sharing this at the Bash)

Sept. 6th = Build & Price

AND It's believed the following to be also correct:

The last 2021’s will be made with a TPW of August 30th (week of Aug 30th-Sept. 3rd); production of 2022’s will start on Tuesday, September 7th. That means that the “model year changeover” time will be just that three day weekend.

2022 price increase
US dollars, so, I expect the CDN pricing to be slightly more, but maybe not.
Your right, always takes us a month or more longer to hear exactly in CDN dollars, but I'm expecting $1500 initially and then another $1000 in January.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.