ourwully

Casual User
Jul 12, 2018
Georgetown
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray
Hello everyone. I just joined the forum today. I just traded my 2007 in on a 2019. I hope to have it by the end of August but who knows. I was looking at used C7s a year old or so but they are really holding their value so I spent my last cents and ordered a new 2LT convertible with the Z51 package. At least I will know its complete history. I would have liked the Grand Sport but my budget just doesn't stretch that far. I am just a casual driver and my 2007, if the truth be told , was more than I could handle so the Stingray should be good for me. My 2007 was LeMans blue but this time I ordered the Arctic White with the chrome wheels. The white colour with the black grill reminds me of the 1953 Corvette as it is often seen in white.

Reactions: ddgermann
Welcome to the CCF ourwully. Sounds like you gave up a really nice car for a......A really nice car.

Be sure to post pics when you get it. We tend to enjoy pics here.

Reactions: ddgermann
Hello everyone. I just joined the forum today. I just traded my 2007 in on a 2019. I hope to have it by the end of August but who knows. I was looking at used C7s a year old or so but they are really holding their value so I spent my last cents and ordered a new 2LT convertible with the Z51 package. At least I will know its complete history. I would have liked the Grand Sport but my budget just doesn't stretch that far. I am just a casual driver and my 2007, if the truth be told , was more than I could handle so the Stingray should be good for me. My 2007 was LeMans blue but this time I ordered the Arctic White with the chrome wheels. The white colour with the black grill reminds me of the 1953 Corvette as it is often seen in white.
Congrats! I think they are very classy in White. Hope you get it quickly.

Thanks for all congratulations. I wasn't expecting so many responses. It is good to see that this is a very active forum. I should have been on it a long time ago as I had a lot of questions when I got my 2007. It was a great car but it always had a clicking noise from the rear end every time I would reverse out of the driveway. Eventually I just got used to it but I was always wondering what was causing it. The one feature I am looking forward to in the new car is the ability to put the top up or down at low speeds. This will be very useful when driving with the top down and it starts to rain. With the C6 I had a wind deflector behind the seats and I would have to stop the car and get out to remove the deflector before putting the top up.

The reason I landed up on this forum in the first place was that I was looking at front license plate options. All of the Corvettes have beautiful front ends and the plates just mess up the look in my opinion. On my C6 I made my own plate holder and then I folded the plate on the top and the bottom so it was low on the car and less conspicuous. From what I have read this is still legal in Ontario as long as you can read the number and the Ontario designation. I was wondering if anyone has done the same for the C7. I was also hoping that my new one doesn't come with a front plate mounted thus leaving me with holes in the car once I remove it.

I was amazed when i discovered the top up/down while rolling feature! I've used it a couple of times and didn't lose position. Frustrating when you pass 10 slow drivers only to have to do it again because you had to come to a full stop with most convertibles.

[QUOTE="ourwully, post: 136349, member: 4347"
The reason I landed up on this forum in the first place was that I was looking at front license plate options. All of the Corvettes have beautiful front ends and the plates just mess up the look in my opinion. On my C6 I made my own plate holder and then I folded the plate on the top and the bottom so it was low on the car and less conspicuous. From what I have read this is still legal in Ontario as long as you can read the number and the Ontario designation. I was wondering if anyone has done the same for the C7. I was also hoping that my new one doesn't come with a front plate mounted thus leaving me with holes in the car once I remove it.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I hate having a front plate. Rather that folding my front plate as you do, I actually cut mine 1/4" above and below the numbers and affix via 2 way tape to a modified, also cut front plate holder. Been doing this many many years. Have been pulled over twice, never ticketed albeit it is illegal. My kids have also been doing for years..... When I picked up my car, the dealer had already installed the front plate holder. There are two types, and if you remove yours, neither will leave any holes for you to be concerned with.... :)

Sorry showed up to this party a bit late … however … A Big Welcome to CCF
Shared a comment with the Corvette Owners School in another thread of yours.
Best of Fortune on your C7 arrival and looking forward to your photos

I would like to say thank you for the welcome. From my experience so far, and from looking back at previous threads, I must say that this is a very useful and well designed forum, but above all, its members all seem to be respectful and friendly.

You are totally welcome here and yes there is a ton of good information and debating going on here. Sometimes it’s just goofing around too. Lots of good people on here who just love all things Corvette.
So if you can’t find information or have a question just ask away. You will not be jumped on like other forums are sometimes famous for. At the very least you will likely get a link to a thread to get you started with info on your question.
Enjoy

Derek.

Reactions: YFCvii
Welcome to the forum.
Canadian Vettes automatically come with a really attractive front plate holder, which the dealer will install of course.
I also supplied the dealer with plastic plate protectors.

Attachments

• 178A5524.JPG
    178A5524.JPG
    883.9 KB · Views: 8
@ourwully there are some aftermarket fold away plate holders you can put on your Vette as well.
In Alberta here so I’ve never looked closer at these but might be worth a look for you.
Agreed the front plate is a eyesore on the beautiful nose of any corvette.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.