Aug 14, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Amplified orang
Province
ON
Can a dealer get a customer's order accepted without an actual allocation being received for the customer or do they have to wait UNTIL they get an allocation to submit the order and have it accepted? I'm not referring to the preliminary order but an actual received by GM order.

I called the Concierge today for an update and the lady on the phone confused the hell out of me as well as told me that although she saw my order number it's not showing at even 3000 status.

My dealer called me mid-September and advised that my order was accepted and gave me an order number which I confirmed is in GM's system. My understanding is that; dealer gets allocation, goes to the next person on their list, submits order then you wait until a TPW is given but the concierge told me the dealer can get an order in without an actual allocation, which would put the order in an indefinite stall until the dealer actually receives an allocation for the order. I'm confused as s**t right now.

Last edited:
You mention not at 3000, but 2000 is an allocation given. What is your exact status number? If at1100 then it is not accepted. 1100 is the status of an order in the system. Any dealer can enter an order. Even one that has never and will never receive a Corvette allocation.

You mention not at 3000, but 2000 is an allocation given. What is your exact status number? If at1100 then it is not accepted. 1100 is the status of an order in the system. Any dealer can enter an order. Even one that has never and will never receive a Corvette allocation.
Once your dealer contacts you and says they have received an allocation, is it 2000 when they enter your final build to fill that allocation? Also how long does it take for GM to accept that order? Just put my order in and trying to figure out these codes?

Once your dealer contacts you and says they have received an allocation, is it 2000 when they enter your final build to fill that allocation? Also how long does it take for GM to accept that order? Just put my order in and trying to figure out these codes?
2000 is accepted by GM to build.
After that it can take 3 to 4 months.
Next important step is 3000 when parts are ordered and the build process begins
All the codes are on here somewhere, but it's easier for me to copy them from my notes.

ORDER STATUS CODES
Code Description
1100 Order Placed at Dealership - status order requests by dealers
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet
2500 Order Preferenced (or “Picked Up” or “Imaged”)
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 Order Scheduled for Production
3400 Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 ORDER BAYED; VEHICLE IS WAITING ON TRANSPORTATION OR PULLED FOR QUALITY CONTROL
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4200 Vehicle Shipped from Bowling Green
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle at Dealer - Awaiting Prep
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer

When your dealership receives an allocation it should quickly convert your workbench 1100 status order to 2000 status. They will see it in their system. Get your dealership to show you.

See my signature below? The day my dealership entered my order it went to 2000 status then a week later 3000 status accepted by production control meaning they will schedule it but the scheduling can change as mine did a few times.

Thanks for the info Murray and Cam. I didn't want to bug my Salesman with Christmas only a few days away. But I knew you guys would help me understand. Much appreciated! Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas! You've got a great car to look forward to receiving!!!

When your dealership receives an allocation it should quickly convert your workbench 1100 status order to 2000 status. They will see it in their system. Get your dealership to show you.

See my signature below? The day my dealership entered my order it went to 2000 status then a week later 3000 status accepted by production control meaning they will schedule it but the scheduling can change as mine did a few times.
How do you know when your status changes? I emailed Shane and he said that I am at 3000 with a TPW of Feb 6. He did say that it can change. Do they contact you or your dealer once you get to 3400? Or do I just email Shane in a couple of weeks? You guys were right... he emails back immediately.

I try not to bug Shane too much. Contact him that week of production and he'll tell you what shift it's being built on and your VIN.

After that he has no control once it's built to see if it's shipped etc. So once he tells you here's the anticipated shift it will be built on, you can then send me a message with your VIN and I'll pull your window sticker.

Shane doesn't contact your dealership or anything like that.

How do you know when your status changes? I emailed Shane and he said that I am at 3000 with a TPW of Feb 6. He did say that it can change. Do they contact you or your dealer once you get to 3400? Or do I just email Shane in a couple of weeks? You guys were right... he emails back immediately.
Your dealer can tell you your status at all times. He can also see your TPW at a certain point. Feb 6th is a good date. You should get to 3300 very soon. They order the parts then. As Shane said, it could change, but likely won't. If it does it will push back a week and likely no more than that.
If I was you I'd start bugging my salesman from here on out. If he knows his stuff he can tell you your vin at 3400 and track the progress once built.

Your dealer can tell you your status at all times. He can also see your TPW at a certain point. Feb 6th is a good date. You should get to 3300 very soon. They order the parts then. As Shane said, it could change, but likely won't. If it does it will push back a week and likely no more than that.
If I was you I'd start bugging my salesman from here on out. If he knows his stuff he can tell you your vin at 3400 and track the progress once built.
Sounds good,. Thanks Murray!

I try not to bug Shane too much. Contact him that week of production and he'll tell you what shift it's being built on and your VIN.

After that he has no control once it's built to see if it's shipped etc. So once he tells you here's the anticipated shift it will be built on, you can then send me a message with your VIN and I'll pull your window sticker.

Shane doesn't contact your dealership or anything like that.
I will definitely contact you once I know my vin. Curios are the Webbs related?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.