Power User
Oct 8, 2016
West Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2022 C8 Z51 3LT HTC
Province
BC
Nino from Carters GM called me yesterday: process my deposit - order build sheets ( or whatever) should be available soon, he says. Very interested in pricing one out.

Order sheets will not be out soon, unless one counts the earlier leaked specs and one is going to pre-configure theirs based on it — which BTW I throughly enjoyed doing for mine. Real GM order sheets however, will not be out until after 7.18.19 (96 days away). If a dealer wishes to start their internal list of their customers who want a C8 (choosing to require a deposit or not), that is so old news, for Mike Furman @ Criswell took my check on Feb. 1, 2015 (not a typo), and has more than 200 deal folders (almost all without a deposit until the customer chose to send him a check, and who has in writing stated that every deposit he receives, even after he has placed a customers’ actual order (again paired with a GM allocation), would still be refundable.

The first consensus in which GM has granted a dealer an allocation, and for which GM would to accept an order based on that allocation will be no sooner than mid August, and my belief that even that is a very optimistic timeline, that September is more realistic.

We got a nice taste of the future C8 48 hours ago, but it is a L O N G until we get meaningful further GM issued information (exception the official release of the potential minor things as the release of the C8’s emblem and similar which we could see long before the reveal.

Reactions: carbuff
Order sheets will not be out soon, unless one counts the earlier leaked specs and one is going to pre-configure theirs based on it — which BTW I throughly enjoyed doing for mine. Real GM order sheets however, will not be out until after 7.18.19 (96 days away). If a dealer wishes to start their internal list of their customers who want a C8 (choosing to require a deposit or not), that is so old news, for Mike Furman @ Criswell took my check on Feb. 1, 2015 (not a typo), and has more than 200 deal folders (almost all without a deposit until the customer chose to send him a check, and who has in writing stated that every deposit he receives, even after he has placed a customers’ actual order (again paired with a GM allocation), would still be refundable.

The first consensus in which GM has granted a dealer an allocation, and for which GM would to accept an order based on that allocation will be no sooner than mid August, and my belief that even that is a very optimistic timeline, that September is more realistic.

We got a nice taste of the future C8 48 hours ago, but it is a L O N G until we get meaningful further GM issued information (exception the official release of the potential minor things as the release of the C8’s emblem and similar which we could see long before the reveal.
OK Mr GM Man!

I have zero relationship to GM. I just love Corvettes, and do not want folks to get their unrealistic expectations running ahead of reality, and then be disappointed, e.g., I saw a post elsewhere yesterday that someone going to drive hishis in September. That’s month ahead of reality.

• Agree
Reactions: carbuff
Hey JCWP, let us know when you get some more info from Carters. Generally speaking we here in the Great White North
don't get the new Vettes as quickly as we should. Our GM dealers sell very few Vettes compared to the big US dealers and
early deliveries on new generations are based on sales volume. This tends to create a shortage here and dealers are able to
price above sticker for the first few months. I had to wait until August of '06 to get my C6 Zo6 at sticker price and not
pay a premium for the shortage of them here in Canada.

Hey JCWP, let us know when you get some more info from Carters. Generally speaking we here in the Great White North
don't get the new Vettes as quickly as we should. Our GM dealers sell very few Vettes compared to the big US dealers and
early deliveries on new generations are based on sales volume. This tends to create a shortage here and dealers are able to
price above sticker for the first few months. I had to wait until August of '06 to get my C6 Zo6 at sticker price and not
pay a premium for the shortage of them here in Canada.
For sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.