After having four speeds for 40 odd years, the six speed taxes the old brain to remember which gear I am in, especially when I can hardly hear the engine. Perhaps they can incorporate numbers into the HUD to tell us which gear we are in. More speeds and I will need a note pad to keep track.

After having four speeds for 40 odd years, the six speed taxes the old brain to remember which gear I am in, especially when I can hardly hear the engine. Perhaps they can incorporate numbers into the HUD to tell us which gear we are in. More speeds and I will need a note pad to keep track.

keith maybe you need that vrrooom - vrrooom thingy that plugs into the cigarette lighter !!! :rofl:

Does anyone know for certain if there will be a ZR1 for 2014? I don't see any reference to it in the option list unless I missed it.

Does anyone know for certain if there will be a ZR1 for 2014? I don't see any reference to it in the option list unless I missed it.

Nothing official that I've read but there was mention of Z06 and ZR1 releases some time after the initial release.
There should be more info at the Auto Show in TO in a couple weeks.

C.

If I threw out a totally wild guess, it would be that the Z06 will make an appearance for 2015. I heard rumors of a Z06 test mule being flogged in Arizona but have zero evidence to back any of this up. As for a ZR1? I hope they bring it out but will I only believe they are making it after an announcement is made. My guess is that they spent 90% of their efforts developing the C7 as we've seen it and now that they are down to the final details before production starts, efforts can be focused on developing the Z06 by cutting down weight, increasing the stiffness and (I Hope!) a 427 made from the LT1! If the Z06 proves successful, then maybe a ZR1 would be next but from my understanding, the ZR1 wasn't exactly flying out of the dealerships which may make GM reconsider the cost in developing a new one (how I hope I am wrong about that!!!! I want to see a C7 ZR1!!!). Everything I've written is absolute speculation with zero evidence.

You're probably right Riley -- I'll check when we go to the auto show week after next and see what the response is.
The Z06 and ZR-1 marks are so famous I can't see them not bringing them back. It's just a matter of when and powered with what.

C.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.