Jun 28, 2019
Brighton, ON
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray
Province
ON
I am looking at putting splash guards and rockers on my 2019 C7 Stingray and would like hear opinions on the best way to go.

I have read every thread on here relating to splash guards and rockers but haven't quite come up with the information I am hoping for.

There are a number of options but I have basically boiled it down to a few that make the most sense to me but would like to hear from members here that have actually done these mods and maybe see some pictures of your vehicle. So here are the options
1. Just install GM splash guards front and rear with an aftermarket rocker. This is the cheapest option by far and but seems to limit me to having the flat black color. Not sure how this will look considering all the rest of the vehicle has the carbon flash. Has anyone gone this route.
2. Install the ACS Zero7 rockers with their enhanced splash guards. These are available in the carbon flash. Again has anyone done this upgrade.
3. Install the ACS Zero7 rockers with their XL splash guards. These are also available in the carbon flash. Again has anyone done this upgrade

I am leaning towards options 2 or 3 but my concern is that the XL guards (option3) may be just too wide and not look good. My problem with option 2 the enhanced guards is that you can see the attachment screws inside the wheel well. I have stared at the photos on the ACS web site until my eyes hurt but still can't tell how obtrusive the wider flanges are on the XL guards or how noticeable the mounting screws are on the enhanced guards.

I have also looked at various sources for these items - RPI, APSIS, Extreme, GS and a few other more obscure sources. I am strongly leaning towards ACS because they are Canadian and because the others got some not so nice reviews on other Vette Forums.

So would really like to hear opinions on these options and possibly see close up photos of your upgrade.

I am looking at putting splash guards and rockers on my 2019 C7 Stingray and would like hear opinions on the best way to go.

I have read every thread on here relating to splash guards and rockers but haven't quite come up with the information I am hoping for.

There are a number of options but I have basically boiled it down to a few that make the most sense to me but would like to hear from members here that have actually done these mods and maybe see some pictures of your vehicle. So here are the options
1. Just install GM splash guards front and rear with an aftermarket rocker. This is the cheapest option by far and but seems to limit me to having the flat black color. Not sure how this will look considering all the rest of the vehicle has the carbon flash. Has anyone gone this route.
2. Install the ACS Zero7 rockers with their enhanced splash guards. These are available in the carbon flash. Again has anyone done this upgrade.
3. Install the ACS Zero7 rockers with their XL splash guards. These are also available in the carbon flash. Again has anyone done this upgrade

I am leaning towards options 2 or 3 but my concern is that the XL guards (option3) may be just too wide and not look good. My problem with option 2 the enhanced guards is that you can see the attachment screws inside the wheel well. I have stared at the photos on the ACS web site until my eyes hurt but still can't tell how obtrusive the wider flanges are on the XL guards or how noticeable the mounting screws are on the enhanced guards.

I have also looked at various sources for these items - RPI, APSIS, Extreme, GS and a few other more obscure sources. I am strongly leaning towards ACS because they are Canadian and because the others got some not so nice reviews on other Vette Forums.

So would really like to hear opinions on these options and possibly see close up photos of your upgrade.

Although APSIS stuff is good in my experience it’s expensive and shipping is not fast. I will avoid them in the future if possible.
The OEM rockers are plain expensive compared to aftermarket.
As far as width of the splash guards go. It’s in the eye of the beholder. There will always be those that don’t like it know matter what you choose.
From what I’ve read here ACS seems to be your best bet.

Reactions: Pep
I installed the ACS enhanced front and rear finished in carbon flash to match. My OCD would never like carbon flash front and GM plastic rears. I ended up changing the front out to the XL and don’t mind the looks at all. As for the screws on the enhanced, after a day, you won’t even notice them. I also have a set of brand new enhanced, finished in carbon flash in the “FS” section.....

I bought & had installed at local dealer - gave me good price on the OEM and body shop installed - fair bit less labor:

Attachments

• Jim parkins Vette side .jpg
    Jim parkins Vette side .jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 74
I have the ACS enhanced front and ACS GM replacement rear splash guards on my C7 in carbon flash. IMO they look good and definitely help. The whole width thing between the enhanced ones and the XL ones are like Derek says. In the eyes of the beholder. I know someone on this forum that has the XL and he likes them. I find them too wide. Again.. just personal preference.

The screws on the enhanced are no big deal at all. Being black and inside the wheel well you don't even notice them unless you look for them.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
I also have the ACS Zero 7 rockers, the ACS front guards, GM rear guards and the GM 'poverty' splitter. I bought them just black composite and painted each of them myself with 3 coats of WA501Q Carbon Flash. (It's a GM number but had to get it from an automotive paint, etc. specialty shop.) GM dealer just looked funny at me when I asked them for paint. On top of the CF paint is 3 coats of clearcoat as well (Some wet sanding involved between coats to achieve a good finish.. Yeah...you can see the guard bolts inside of the front fenders but no one has ever mentioned it and I don't notice it anymore either... nstallation is easy all around once you get over that instant of panic when you drill that first hole in your new car. This pic doesn't show the rear guards well but it's about the best I have at the moment.

DSCN9890 (2).JPG
I

Here are a couple pics of mine right after they were installed. Gives you a decent idea how much the non XL ACS guards stick out. And one showing the bolts. I added one bolt to the top myself to help the top to stay tight.

20170319_131518.jpg20170319_132604.jpgImage00004.jpg

Ziggy loves ACS - easy to install. I just can't be bothered and pay to get this stuff installed - LOL. I have to keep the economy flowing. My GM dealer gives me very good discounts on stuff as I am a long time customer - service last 3 corvettes.:Cheers2:

Hi All. Thank you so much for all your input and for the photos. Based on those pics I think I will be more than than happy with the "enhanced" guards on the front and GM rears. Clearly "carbon flash" is the way to go in order to match the existing vents on my car.
Ruuff Day really like the look on your car and Pep's pics really helped me visualize the extension of the enhanced guards.
I see that both Vegas1500 and frankmp have items available that look like they will do the job - just need to confirm that they are CF or I can get them painted to match. Also found in the F/S section a set of primed Zero7 rockers. Have reached out to each of these gentlemen and looking forward to hearing back from them.

My car came with Z07 option so I had the Carbon Flash rockers already. As it is yellow, I went with the RPI painted fender splash guards paint matches exactly and they are pretty inobtrusive. I love the look and it seems to finish the fenders off properly.

Well I spent a whole day calling local body shops trying to get at least a guesstimate of the cost to paint splash guards and rockers in carbon flash. A few of them were GM dealer body shops. Business must be good for all these folks because not one of them was in the least interested in providing even a guess and a few actually said they were not interested in the job and one of those was a body shop for a local GM dealer that I WAS considering buying a truck from. Not anymore! And as Rruuff Day discovered the GM parts departments have absolutely no clue about the paint even when you give the part number. I did manage to get price from one of the GM dealers for GM supplied rockers and guards, which was the only way they would provide any pricing and it was outrageous! They wanted $500 just for installation!!!
I then talked to the folks at ACS and they were extremely helpful and informative and they have everything I want in stock and shipping is only a day away. They also said that if I wanted to drive to their shop, which is only a 4 hour drive for me, they would install at no charge. Now that is customer service. So the choices are to place an order with next day delivery or take a nice cruise and have lunch in old Montreal........hmm now that is a tough decision to make.

Well I spent a whole day calling local body shops trying to get at least a guesstimate of the cost to paint splash guards and rockers in carbon flash. A few of them were GM dealer body shops. Business must be good for all these folks because not one of them was in the least interested in providing even a guess and a few actually said they were not interested in the job and one of those was a body shop for a local GM dealer that I WAS considering buying a truck from. Not anymore! And as Rruuff Day discovered the GM parts departments have absolutely no clue about the paint even when you give the part number. I did manage to get price from one of the GM dealers for GM supplied rockers and guards, which was the only way they would provide any pricing and it was outrageous! They wanted $500 just for installation!!!
I then talked to the folks at ACS and they were extremely helpful and informative and they have everything I want in stock and shipping is only a day away. They also said that if I wanted to drive to their shop, which is only a 4 hour drive for me, they would install at no charge. Now that is customer service. So the choices are to place an order with next day delivery or take a nice cruise and have lunch in old Montreal........hmm now that is a tough decision to make.
Some days the good lord smiles on ya. That’s beyond customer service by far. Jump on that right now.

So I finally bit the bullet and ordered the rockers, splash guards and jacking pucks from ACS. I must say the service was exceptional. Ordered 1st thing Wednesday morning and they were on my doorstep first thing this morning. Don't ask me why but I listened to my wife and ordered the XL splash guards as she rightly pointed out they would do a more effective job stopping stones from hitting the finish. Having done that I am still not sure it was the right way to go in terms of appearance. While the enhanced may not offer as much protection I still think they would look better. In looking at the car with the XL's it almost seems truck like to me. What do you folks think. I have attached some pics for your perusal.
I would also add that installation was very straight forward. Fortunately a friend of mine has a lift and kindly offered to let me use it to install the rockers, splash guards and the jacking pucks. All told it took me 2 hours to install everything, with the first half hour used getting up the nerve to drill the first hole for the rivets. After that it was fairly easy.

Attachments

• IMG_0175.JPG
    IMG_0175.JPG
    378.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0165.JPG
    IMG_0165.JPG
    569.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    537.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0180.JPG
    IMG_0180.JPG
    277.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0193.JPG
    IMG_0193.JPG
    239.3 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: ddgermann and Pep
So I finally bit the bullet and ordered the rockers, splash guards and jacking pucks from ACS. I must say the service was exceptional. Ordered 1st thing Wednesday morning and they were on my doorstep first thing this morning. Don't ask me why but I listened to my wife and ordered the XL splash guards as she rightly pointed out they would do a more effective job stopping stones from hitting the finish. Having done that I am still not sure it was the right way to go in terms of appearance. While the enhanced may not offer as much protection I still think they would look better. In looking at the car with the XL's it almost seems truck like to me. What do you folks think. I have attached some pics for your perusal.
I would also add that installation was very straight forward. Fortunately a friend of mine has a lift and kindly offered to let me use it to install the rockers, splash guards and the jacking pucks. All told it took me 2 hours to install everything, with the first half hour used getting up the nerve to drill the first hole for the rivets. After that it was fairly easy.
Byron, You did a good job...looks great. :thumbs:

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
I am not a fan of the XL over the regular ones for looks. Will they stop more potential rocks/debris off your front wheels? Without a doubt. But to each their own. It comes down to what is the priority for you Byron. Nice job on the install.

You did well Byron. Took me 45 minutes and 23 fit checks for my first drill hole on the rockers (the splitter went way faster). She looks great and the XL guards both look fine and like most other things, after a few days you won't even see them any more anyway. The extra protection of the paint is well worth what anybody thinks. :thumbs:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.