kerry4

Regular
You're a Regular You're Celebrated You're Liked
Nov 14, 2019
VetteCoins
So last week I bought my wife a new Honda CR-V-L. They detailed it nicely and i had them wax it too at extra cost. So the other day I borrowed it to go to the beer store in town. Picked a nice open spot with no cars beside me. As I was getting out of the car this big white redneck truck pulls in beside me. I was dropping off some empties and spent maybe 15 minutes in the store while getting a case of beer. Come out and the redneck was gone but he left a nice big scuff mark on the from of my wife's new car. Clipped it on the drivers side bumper because he made to sharp of a turn leaving before me. That wasn't a fun drive home as I had to show my wife what happened to her new car. She wasn't mad at me but if she would have caught that redneck I'm sure she would have had words with him. Why are there so many idiots on the roads these days? Thats why I will never leave my Corvette alone for a second.

Some may agree it's yet another example of Murphy's Law ...
Wife had a clear-coat door-ding on Day #1 with her new vehicle (SUV) & parking in a shopping lot.
Vehicle was well away from any trouble so what would ever go wrong
...and I think that's the attraction for the Jack-A$$.

She came home rather upset and all I could say was that I truly sorry
and that at least the vehicle is now catching up to its depreciation.
In hindsight, I should have waited a few days before saying that.

Acceptable parking stall selection is a topic of discussion on many occasions ever since.
I at least try to protect one side by parking against an island or the end of a row.

Last edited:
I had one customer; a nice, young lady. Bought her first car - a brand new Cruze.

That very night, she was at a friend's house and one of her friend's friend drove right into the rear quarter panel. She wasn't too happy.

• Sad
Reactions: kerry4 and YFCvii
In another occasion my neighbor bought a brand new Toyota 4 Runner.
Brought it home on a Friday and prepared to take it on a nice drive to Waterton the next day.

That Saturday, my Wife and I were outside and saw the neighbours driving up the road from their great day to the Mountains.
We smiled, we waved, we smiled more .... but just a two index finger raising from the steering wheel in return ... wtf.

As they pulled into the driveway next to us it became clear.
The back quarter and bumper was “manipulated” in an unflattering way - to say it nicely.
While looking over the damage, it was explained that they found an awesome parking spot at the Hotel for their celebratory lunch.
It was at a recluse location with a rather lengthy walk to the entry into the Hotel for Dining.
They enjoyed their meal and returned to their vehicle with another piece of junk tightly snuggled up against the back passenger corner. Infuriating to say the least.

In the police report is the descriptive speculation of the officer that the operator/owner of the vehicle that impacted the Toyota 4 Runner,
either had forgot to engage the parking brake or the vehicle failed and may require brake maintenance ... as ...
it was parked about 50 meters across the parking lot and rolled while unoccupied due to lot gradient until
it impacted with an unoccupied vehicle parked at the opposite and lower end of the lot.

Wow ... definitely Murphys Law.

Last edited:
This isn't my first mishap but I hope its the last. Years ago I had just bought a brand new Honda Accord coupe Navi. Went to a friends house a week or so later and parked it on the street. When I came out later someone had side swiped me and the drivers side mirror was hanging by the wires. Knock it clean off and scraped the front fender.
My first two mishaps was in my new 1974 Corvette. I was going through a green light at a big intersection and this woman thought she could make a left hand turn in front of me before I got to her. She thought wrong. Smashed the drivers side fender. So had it to the body shop and took them a long time to match the paint and repair. They called me when it was done so my wife ( first wife, not my second or third. LOL) drove me there to pick it up. Now this story gets unbelievable but its true. You can't make this stuff up. Guess where I went and stopped on the way home? Yup the beer store. Parked at the back away from the front door. While waiting in line this guy comes into the store and asks who owns that blue Corvette out there? I said I do, thinking maybe he just wanted to say how nice it was or where did I get it painted? Nope. He ( also driving a pickup truck) says I just backed into it. I didn't know whether to cry or shoot myself. I said I had just picked it up from being painted from the last accident. But at least he was good for the insurance part of it and did come and find me. He could have easily took off and back then there were no surveilance cameras. So the moral of this story is I either got to stop going to the beer store and avoid pickup trucks at all cost. I think Murphy is my best friend. Not.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.