Luke123

I'm New Here
May 10, 2017
Guelph
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2002 Z06
Hi to all I just picked up my first Corvette a 2002 Z06 with 33,000 km on it I have 2 question I am hopping someone can help me with.

1. I live in the Guelph area can any one recommend a good place to take the care for safety inspection?

2. The car still has the original good year eagles on it I would say they are borderline to pass safety. I just so happen to have a band new set of 4 mounted on rims 275 R40 17 tires. The car comes stock with 18 's on rear and 17's up front would it pass safety with the 4 275 R40 17 on it.

Hello Luke. Welcome to the forum.

Are the tires just worn or is it an issue that they are old? You will run into an issue with the active handling if you do not keep the rears larger in diameter than the fronts. It would trigger a code that could cause you issues with a safety. The same size tires all the way around can cause problems.

Suggestion would be to contact Dasilva Motorsports in Cambridge and ask Manny if he can recommend a shop for a safety, I do not believe they do it there. They are a CCF forum corporate sponsor and their contact information is listed on this site.

Good luck Luke. Again welcome.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Hello Luke. Welcome to the forum.

Are the tires just worn or is it an issue that they are old? You will run into an issue with the active handling if you do not keep the rears larger in diameter than the fronts. It would trigger a code that could cause you issues with a safety. The same size tires all the way around can cause problems.

Suggestion would be to contact Dasilva Motorsports in Cambridge and ask Manny if he can recommend a shop for a safety, I do not believe they do it there. They are a CCF forum corporate sponsor and their contact information is listed on this site.

Good luck Luke. Again welcome.
Thanks for the reply. More due to the age of the tires than anything. If I have to get new tires not the end of the world any suggestions on a good choice of brand? Sticking with the stock rims.

thanks again

Luke, I changed my wheels to 19" all the way around when I needed tires and like you it was an tire age issue. The fronts are 19" x 9.5" and the rears are 19" x 11", the tires are 30 series 265's in the front 305's in the rear. The problem as I recall was the lack of availability in the 18" rear tires sizes. I bought Michelin Pilot Super Sports and really like them. Tire selection and brands is opening up the proverbially can of worms, everyone has an opinion and a preference.

Good luck with your decision and again welcome. Enjoy the car.

Great car Luke!!! It sounds fantastic. You are also so lucky to have Manny in your back yard. I am so jealous!
I'll ask my friend who has a modified 2003 Z06 what he is running for tires ans if he likes them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.