C5 Ontario You're a Regular You're Celebrated
Sep 6, 2020
Seeley's Bay, ON
VetteCoins
Car
1997 C5 Coupe
Province
ON
Here in Ontario we're currently in a covid lockdown with a "stay at home" order, which means we are only supposed to leave the house for essential trips like picking up groceries, meds, banking, medical appts. So today I will essentially take the C5 to pick up essential groceries and take the essential long way back to allow for some essential mental health maintenance. (yeah... yeah, that's it)

Here in Ontario we're currently in a covid lockdown with a "stay at home" order, which means we are only supposed to leave the house for essential trips like picking up groceries, meds, banking, medical appts. So today I will essentially take the C5 to pick up essential groceries and take the essential long way back to allow for some essential mental health maintenance. (yeah... yeah, that's it)
Same here.....although I'm still in my office daily....I'm in transportation so Im still going in and have been since day one of this. With the order of my C8 back in September 2020, I figured I'd keep my C5 for the summer and then get rid of it when I get notice of the arrival of the C8....well, a friend of mine wanted my C5.... sold it. The next day, I ended up picking up another, this time with a Procharger on it. It's going to be fun! Will go for a cruise today....groceries, beer, etc......

Ya ... I am always feeling the side-effects of not putting on many Corvette km’s during the variable lockdown periods of last year. Does not feel that much was gained as a result of last year’s efforts and my focus is now on largely blaming the Feds for the lack of being able to get vaccines available to anyone who wants them. There is no reason why Canada cannot be nearer to the top of the vac-rates in the World if only we had people running the show wanting it more than collecting carbon tax. I no longer put too much of the blame on each Province as they have their hands tied while trying this & that measures at the mercy of their health clown attempts of running provincial economies. Once Canada has everyone fully vaccinated who wants it, we will see how we are ... who really knows though - in the meantime we each in our own ways are compromised and hanging in there & not really feeling much of the “in it together” other than with those who remain as friends.
May Ontario’s (and other’s) current attempt for resolve be successful “plugs in the dike” and that loads of vaccines will actually land here real soon - not just being “placebo” words of anticipation reported via the media.
Enjoy “Corvette Time” with whatever each can justify lockdown reasoning for 😷👍🏻as one can never get enough of it. 🤪

Last edited:
Roughly 50% of our active cases in AB are variants. So far there has been no indication that I have found whether the vaccine works on the variants or not. At this rate, the variants will overtake the original Covid 19 cases within several days. Hopefully they will assess the vaccine effectiveness against the variants soon. Otherwise, the comfort level of those who have been vaccinated will begin to wane. Perhaps a new vaccine will be required. I certainly hope not.

Reactions: Gummiente
... count me out on finding any comfort following whatever I have obliged with
this past year whether from an immediate Business shutdown, a vaccine shot for Cv19 (not variants),
or anything else of compromise in between.

Am noticing one consistency ... that looming restrictive draw-back feeling
immediately following the activities of those from both 2020(cv19) & 2021(variant) Easter Breaks.

Last edited:
I've been driving my C7 (had a C5 up to 1 1/2 years ago...) almost daily since the first lockdown last March...whether I have anywhere to go or not...find it very therapeutic. Thankfully our winter here was short this year, so only 3 months of downtime before I got it back out of the garage.

Yes I used my C7 for essential item pick ups (including vaccine!) and therapeutic driving around town on clean roads (street sweeper was out this week) yesterday and after a upcoming week of rain for most of Ontario -hopefully happy motoring going forward......

Scheduled to fly back to Canada in a couple weeks and NOT looking forward to what awaits us. Meanwhile here in the USA they have more vaccines than arms to put them in and eligibility is open to 16 year old's and up. Trudeau really did screw the entire country by not getting access to vaccine but I doubt he will take any responsibility for the deaths that result from not getting people vaccinated for many more months. Wonder what is with his plan to delay a second shot for FOUR MONTHS? :Banghead::Banghead::Banghead: Not recommended by any of the vaccine suppliers.

Good luck to any LEO claiming your leaving the house is not essential. What is essential is that it is, for all practical purposes, unenforceable. We have looked at it here as there are rumors in the Great Hall in Edmonton of something similar coming down the pipe. Seeding is only days away from starting and with it all the ancilliary traffic that goes on with farm life.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.