Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Well it seems a bit odd but there is not very much colour, other than green of course, in the hardwoods of Ontario Cottage Country. I know this is a great time of the year to just head out for a backroad run and enjoy the sights of fall. They simply have not arrived where we are (Haliburton - Muskoka). Last Sunday we drove from Orangeville to Wasaga Beach, Midland, Gloucester Pool to see the marine railway, Bala for ice cream, Port Carling and home to Haliburton. No colours, well there was a biker gang but not those colours.

Many trees seem to have lost their leaves without ever changing colour. They just seemed to have dried up and fallen off.

I will do my best to keep you advised of the changing colours whenever they come. Enjoy your fall cruises. Wonderful time of the year.

Reactions: Cruzin
Just before I put the 1990 ZR-1 away for hibernation, I like to take a cruise around your area to see the fall colour, to me the best time of the year. I agree a lot of leaves are just falling off and not turning colour, be interested yo hear when those maples start turning. Happy motoring.

Interesting. The trees have been changing here for a while. Unfortunately I don't have any pics but it really is gorgeous. Maybe I'll get a pic snapped before all the leaves fall off.

Had to go to Toronto today (every time I go I like it less) but I noticed the leaves are a little further along than a week ago. I am going to say maybe 40% colour. This weekend will be a great one to get out for a run but I think that Thanksgiving weekend maybe the highlight.

If anyone is thinking of joining up with Stan for his run to Bala October 3 you should be in for a colourful trip. Enjoy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.