May 3, 2018
Aurora
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray
Good day, everybody.

Thought I'd post about a couple of "finds" I've been digging into recently.

The first is discovery of online Chilton service manuals for pretty much all "common" cars (not that the Corvette is a Common Car, but it is a production vehicle!). I logged in to my local library website since they have all the electronic Consumer Reports there, and found the link for Chilton manuals - it's on what is called the "Digital Shelf" at my library (Aurora, Ontario), your local library may call it something different. The full Chilton manual is there for 2014 to 2019 Corvettes, plus I believe earlier models (C4/C5/C6 etc, but I can't confirm that. Coming from a governmental organization, the municipal library, it's pretty "clean" with no ads/kinky links, etc. so I didn't hesitate to delve into the site.

Also listed on the Chilton section is a full list of TSB's including one I was interested in, which is the disabling of the proximity door unlock through reflashing at the dealer. Bit of a PITA, and that won't be a no-charge service, but I'm interested since car thefts have been skyrocketing since the new car CHIP shortage started into play, with subsequent insane pricing on used vehicles. I've attached the TSB to this message as an example of what is there (hundreds of TSB's plus service advisories and updated procedures for services, etc.

You will likely need a library card from a participating local library to access the Digital Shelf, my library requires it, but hey, the card is likely low-or-no cost, but a full service manual can be pricey.

Hope this is of some help to fellow Corvette owners - or anybody who needs service info for their everyday driver vehicles.

Late Life Crisis

Attachments

• Corvette TSB reflash to disable passive locking.pdf
    80.4 KB · Views: 238
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread