heathhammett24

I'm New Here
Apr 27, 2020
Asheville NC
VetteCoins
I need help my 94 corvette leaks oil out and smokes on passenger side when I lay in to the gas and when I come to a stop it’s smoking enough to see it coming for under the hood on the passenger side of motor

Is I puking out the dip stick tube. Not sure if yours is on the passenger side or not. I had a camaro years ago that would push the dipstick out and spray the headers down under hard acceleration. Just a thought.

How would I fix is for doing that cause there is oil all down the tube

Sorry lol how would fix that if it was that

There are reasons oil may be blowing up from your dipstick. None are good news. The question above is a very valid one and if you are confident your new valve covers are on correct with the dipstick on that side, it's good advice to check.

I'm far from a mechanic but from experience in my Duster, excess pressure in the crankcase is likely caused by one of two things. Either a clog in the PCV system (hopefully), or a piston ring problem allowing a pressure leak past the piston(s) into the crankcase. PCV would be the first place I would check. If not that, do a compression test on each of the cylinders.

I need help my 94 corvette leaks oil out and smokes on passenger side when I lay in to the gas and when I come to a stop it’s smoking enough to see it coming for under the hood on the passenger side of motor
I think you may need to do a compression test and a leakdown test. You can purchase a test gauge kit for both issues. Lots of info online on how to accomplish this. This will check the overall condition of the engine and determine if you want to proceed further.

Reactions: Stanky86
I am not sure if it’s coming from my dipstick tho I did notice that when I hit the Excelerator smoke comes from my exhaust manifold The harder I press the more smoke comes from around my exhaust manifold even places where there’s no oil

I think you may need to do a compression test and a leakdown test. You can purchase a test gauge kit for both issues. Lots of info online on how to accomplish this. This will check the overall condition of the engine and determine if you want to proceed further.

I am not sure if it’s coming from my dipstick tho I did notice that when I hit the Excelerator smoke comes from my exhaust manifold The harder I press the more smoke comes from around my exhaust manifold even places where there’s no oil

Check your valve cover bolts. At this age of the car, you may find that some have backed out a bit and allow oil to get out past the gasket. Don't crank them down too tight, just a shade past snug.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.