Just had my first one done today at 2500 km ( I know GM recommends the first one at something crazy like 10 000 km) but to each their own. My question is The owners manual calls for a PF64 oil filter Part # 12696048 and they installed a PF64F Part # 19386865. Anyone know the difference beside the" well one has an F at the end" Jack Raccoon answer.By the way for everyone that thinks you need to pay if you get it changed early the answer is NO you don't it was covered.

Just had my first one done today at 2500 km ( I know GM recommends the first one at something crazy like 10 000 km) but to each their own. My question is The owners manual calls for a PF64 oil filter Part # 12696048 and they installed a PF64F Part # 19386865. Anyone know the difference beside the" well one has an F at the end" Jack Raccoon answer.By the way for everyone that thinks you need to pay if you get it changed early the answer is NO you don't it was covered.

Sorry but I don't know the answer but you and I both purchased the oil filter(s) part #12696048 from "BuyKippScottGMParts.ca". I haven't picked mine up yet. Have you checked to see what they sold you and whether it's PF64 or PF64F? Perhaps calling Graham there and asking him would clear it up?

PF64 is discontinued. F is the replacement.
I know they discontinued the first PF64 and replaced it with another one of the same part # but is shorter don't think it's the "F"
1598404382430.png

Sorry but I don't know the answer but you and I both purchased the oil filter(s) part #12696048 from "BuyKippScottGMParts.ca". I haven't picked mine up yet. Have you checked to see what they sold you and whether it's PF64 or PF64F? Perhaps calling Graham there and asking him would clear it up?
I will call tomorrow but yes Graham sold me the 12696048 which I know is right not sure about the "F"

Same filter as my Malibu BTW (2.0 litre turbo). Does every Canadian get 2 free oil changes in 24 months? The Americans only get one.
Murray look at your window sticker under GM customer care shows we get (2).

I'm surprised GM uses such a cheap filter $9 when you need 7.5L of 0-40 syndetic oil at $20 a litre.

• Wow
Reactions: YFCvii
You C8 guys only get 2? I got 5 with my C7 Z. wow
Same here .. I got 5 for mine
Wow Me too ... Corvette (5) & Sierra (4)
Wow My Wife too ... Corvette (5) & Acadia (4)
Wow My Daughter's Chevy Trax (4)
Wow ... after paying for those vehicles,
and realizing the C8 inclusion is 2,
Although much much poorer, I feel somewhat "special" :angelic:

But in reality though, I know inclusive oil is only a marketing strategy
and marketed as "free" and accepted by many consumers as "free" ...
but it's actually "included" in purchase price when one really thinks about it.
So this may mean that, although the C8 requires oil renews just like other
vehicles, it just does not need as many (if any) inclusive oil renews to sell it.

and as I am older now ... "I remember when..." :oldman:
our C7 "hot topic" was whether our oil renew was with Mobil1 ...
which turned out to be yes for the dry sump equipped C7.
( oops my bad ... talking C7 in the C8 section again :Banghead: )

Last edited:
Murray look at your window sticker under GM customer care shows we get (2).

I'm surprised GM uses such a cheap filter $9 when you need 7.5L of 0-40 syndetic oil at $20 a litre.
Ya, I saw that, but thought it might have been because I paid for the extended warranty.
The Malibu had at least one, but it wasn't with Mobil 1 so I asked to upgrade it to Mobil 1 and they charged me more for the oil than Canadian Tire!! What kind of an "upgrade" was that? So I didn't go back for any more "free" oil changes!
I sure hope your oil change was with Mobil 1!

Ya, I saw that, but thought it might have been because I paid for the extended warranty.
The Malibu had at least one, but it wasn't with Mobil 1 so I asked to upgrade it to Mobil 1 and they charged me more for the oil than Canadian Tire!! What kind of an "upgrade" was that? So I didn't go back for any more "free" oil changes!
I sure hope your oil change was with Mobil 1!
Mobil1 123875 ESP Formula Engine Oil 0W-40 (6 quarts): Amazon.ca ... X 8

Yes my welcome package listed two free oil changes. I was targeting 5k and 10k at this point.

Not sure but the DCT filter alone is over $200

Changing the DCT filter is only free (first time only) for US owners. They also get one free oil/filter change. Canadian owners get 2 free oil/filter changes but have to pay for the DCT filter change. Doing the DCT work is far more expensive than an oil/filter change. Oh well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.