Province
ON
No comments welcome from HTC owners!

Come home put roof on car.
Park car.
Next day Wife takes out car
Roof panel flies off!
Note to self: Secure roof panel idiot!

Roof panel is now scratched pretty good.
New panel which is just the top part itself and no hardwire is $1213.00 w/shipping and tax.
Can body shops repair these types of materials? I'll take it in to FixAuto and see what they say.

Just kidding HTC owners. One problem you will never have.

1652546469817.jpeg

1652546412746.jpeg

Last edited:
No comments welcome from HTC owners!

Come home put roof on car.
Park car.
Next day Wife takes out car
Roof panel flies off!
Note to self: Secure roof panel idiot!

Roof panel is now scratched pretty good.
New panel which is just the top part itself and no hardwire is $1213.00 w/shipping and tax.
Can body shops repair these types of materials? I'll take it in toe FixAuto and see what they say.

Just kidding HTC owners. One problem you will never have.

View attachment 96137

View attachment 96136
Just wrap it and go with the black top look! Cost less than $100

Nope , smooth road, no impact that would be right behind his head so windshield would have been hit!
Ya, likely, but I've seen windows that were cracked slightly and the bounce did everything else.
I've also seen a flaw in a window do that so that might still have been the epicenter.

Reactions: Gilles27
So, I went to Fix Auto and they quoted me $800 to repair and paint. I didn't feel confident in them as the guy said it was Fiberglass. He was searching the top with a magnet even though I told him it was composite of some sort. Anyway, I decided to buy the new skin. I'd rather have it like new. So 1200 delivered and whatever it will cost to get it painted. it will likely take 2 weeks to get it shipped up from the states and then a few more days to get it to me, but at least the car is drivable. Just not show worthy (with the top on. I'll hide the top in the trunk at the car shows. lol).

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
So, I went to Fix Auto and they quoted me $800 to repair and paint. I didn't feel confident in them as the guy said it was Fiberglass. He was searching the top with a magnet even though I told him it was composite of some sort. Anyway, I decided to buy the new skin. I'd rather have it like new. So 1200 delivered and whatever it will cost to get it painted. it will likely take 2 weeks to get it shipped up from the states and then a few more days to get it to me, but at least the car is drivable. Just not show worthy (with the top on. I'll hide the top in the trunk at the car shows. lol).
I agree with your choice, replace instead of repair when ever possible

Ya boyz... I have no idea what happened. I don't think it was a rock impact. Could have been a flaw in the glass and it just shattered over time. All I heard was a "POP" and I immediately said, WTF. I looked around to see what made that sound and then saw the back glass shattered. Gilles seems to think maybe some was shooting a pellet gun at me or something cause I was wearing my leafs hat while driving.... maybe some french Montreal loving nutjob took a pot shot at me!!!

Could the glass that shattered be kinda like those sunroofs that explode for no reason?? Not saying that they are related but found this article explaining the "sunroof exploding" for no reason.

• Wow
Reactions: Sparro
Ya boyz... I have no idea what happened. I don't think it was a rock impact. Could have been a flaw in the glass and it just shattered over time. All I heard was a "POP" and I immediately said, WTF. I looked around to see what made that sound and then saw the back glass shattered. Gilles seems to think maybe some was shooting a pellet gun at me or something cause I was wearing my leafs hat while driving.... maybe some french Montreal loving nutjob took a pot shot at me!!!
The windshield I talked about in the other forum made that exact sound when it cracked at the flaw. A popping sound and then a cracking sound. I'll bet it was some sort of flaw and the right bounce was enough to make it go. Funny when I wedged the back door of the Malibu between the hoist and the hay loft the glass made a large bang when the glass broke. No cracking sound at all. It was all safety glass also.

Reactions: Sparro
I read most all CCF posts (justifies my huge CCF staff pay cheque) but this is the first time I really took a close look at the title of this thread...Always thought maybe you had a Malaysian background Murray and the title had some obscure meaning in your native language... Now I realize it does. :Biggrin:

Apologies for the derail. ;)

I read most all CCF posts (justifies my huge CCF staff pay cheque) but this is the first time I really took a close look at the title of this thread...Always thought maybe you had a Malaysian background Murray and the title had some obscure meaning in your native language... Now I realize it does. :Biggrin:

Apologies for the derail. ;)
How many times have I told you I was born in Gibber and am fluent in Gibberish.
I was wondering if anyone really noticed what it said.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.