Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
I am getting more than a little frustrated with our country’s response to the pandemic. It seems we are getting more and more rediculous with the various restrictions they are implementing with what seems like little or no forethought.
The latest one is for travelers coming back into Canada from anywhere but the USA.
If I’m not mistaken, you need to be double vaccinated just to get on a plane in the first place.
Next, you need a negative COVID test 72 hours or sooner before you return home.
Now, you also need to get tested immediately upon your arrival into Canada, and then quarantine for a couple of days while you wait for your results. On the news last night, they interviewed a couple that will be returning to Edmonton from a tropical destination, but they have a stopover in Calgary. They wondered if they will need to rebook the flight from Calgary to Edmonton, and also book a hotel for a couple of days in Calgary, while they wait for the test results. They tried to find out what they were supposed to do for this situation, but Transport Canada had no answer.
I realize that all this is new to everyone, but they keep telling us to trust the science (regarding the vaccine). It would be nice if they also did. In my opinion, if you are double vaccinated, you should not have to put up with all this B.S.
Another well thought out plan from our supposed leaders.

Just wait until fully vaccinated means 5 shots…..I am vaccinated. Was told by the government get vaccinated so we can return to normal. Now over 85% of Albertans over 12 years of age are vaccinated. I don’t see normal anywhere on the horizon.

Good luck Mr. Premier convincing any one else to get more boosters. At some point a return to normal will happen but I am worried about what that transition process may look like.

• Agree
Reactions: Dale124
C7F9F3BB-A92E-47A7-80F8-F61B557729CA.jpeg

FE48CE55-BF99-46B9-BCE1-A0AE5F7F7C26.jpeg

Just wait until fully vaccinated means 5 shots…..I am vaccinated. Was told by the government get vaccinated so we can return to normal. Now over 85% of Albertans over 12 years of age are vaccinated. I don’t see normal anywhere on the horizon.

Good luck Mr. Premier convincing any one else to get more boosters. At some point a return to normal will happen but I am worried about what that transition process may look like.
Personal opinion is that "normal" will be the same as with the seasonal flu. Booster shot once a year to, hopefully, take care of the latest variant.
You can trust the science (not pseudoscience) but the politicians and bureaucrats are a completely different story. Unfortunately they are the ones who think they can control nature.

Personal opinion is that "normal" will be the same as with the seasonal flu. Booster shot once a year to, hopefully, take care of the latest variant.
You can trust the science (not pseudoscience) but the politicians and bureaucrats are a completely different story. Unfortunately they are the ones who think they can control nature.
Voluntary booster/personal choice I am cool with. Mandated boosters annually or semi-annually, not cool with.

Whatever allows me to keep my income source/stream and liberty. It eventually has to come down to this for me. I dont expect everyone to see it this way to agree. Nobody wants to go to war … when my bills are due, I am the only one battling it on my home front. So I make choices accordingly and battle.
Rather sacrifice my arm for a jab in return for civil liberties otherwise accept I wont have as many. I really enjoyed what turned out to be a private screening of Bond with my wife a tew weeks ago 🙂👍🏻

Whatever allows me to keep my income source/stream and liberty. It eventually has to come down to this for me. I dont expect everyone to see it this way to agree. Nobody wants to go to war … when my bills are due, I am the only one battling it on my home front. So I make choices accordingly and battle.
Rather sacrifice my arm for a jab in return for civil liberties otherwise accept I wont have as many. I really enjoyed what turned out to be a private screening of Bond with my wife a tew weeks ago 🙂

👍🏻
Yeah, I got a private screening a few months ago as well. Different film.

Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.