VetteCoins
Username Style Freeform (Sponsors)
Thread Title Style (Sponsors)
Car
2009 Base 1LT
Province
ON
Hello All,

My manager has forwarded to me an email that was sent to all Canadian dealerships regarding what is going on with the 2020 Corvette, the HTC and 2021 orders. I will summarize below:

• They intend on building ALL 2020MY orders that are currently at event 3000 or above.
  • All orders currently at Event 1100 will NOT be built as 2020MY Corvettes.
    • Dealerships are to work with customers to change their orders to valid 2021MY orders.
    • These orders still require allocation to produce.
  • Orders for 2021MY Corvettes open towards the end of July.
  • There is an expectation that the MSRP for 2021MY Corvettes will carry over the 2020MY pricing.
  • As of July 2nd, 2020MY convertibles are expected to begin production the week of August 3rd.

All orders currently at Event 1100 will NOT be built as 2020MY Corvettes.
  • Dealerships are to work with customers to change their orders to valid 2021MY orders.
  • These orders still require allocation to produce.

A lot of dealers have accepted 2021MY orders and will be submitting them when they get allocations. Will those of us who are carryover 2020MY orders (such as mine at 1100) once they are changed to 2021MY be lumped in with those new orders, or go ahead of them in GM's eyes?

Reactions: ABC
A lot of dealers have accepted 2021MY orders and will be submitting them when they get allocations. Will those of us who are carryover 2020MY orders (such as mine at 1100) once they are changed to 2021MY be lumped in with those new orders, or go ahead of them in GM's eyes?
That's an excellent question and one you should ask your dealer, it is in their control. The order is not an order at GM until it is the workbench system as a sold order. So each dealer has to manage their own Customers along with their available allocation. I think it would stand to reason that any unfilled 2020MY orders would naturally "BUMP" down the 2021 list as you were in there first with your order for 2020. But they may use the opportunity to play games, especially if they have preferred Customers, or personal orders to place. Not saying they would do this but it is an all new ballgame as you have to put in a new order. You have to stay on top of your order.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
I had a deposit on a 2020 and was told no 2020. I ask when 2021 would be ordered and he said , July then he changed to Aug. last time I talked to him because production of 2020 being longer. Has anybody changed their 2020 to 2021 officially yet.

According to Mike Furman ordering for 2021's opens July 27th.
Allocation will be awarded in August/September (I question that).
I'd advise you to be ready with your options. GM has told the dealers they should redo the 1100 status orders as 2021's and they provided mail/email templates as well. If your dealer is honest you should be given priority and top of his list.

Also make sure your dealer talks to you before he does assign an allocation to your order so you can make changes if needed

I believe that GM has strongly advised dealers to place them ahead (in date order) of any other 2021 orders. So If I put deposit down for a 2021 in 2019 I might go ahead of you, but that would be a dealer call I imagine. Eric???

Reactions: Bucketoy and ABC

The dealership decides what the priority order is. GM accepts orders in the order the dealership tells them to. Your dealership should tell you what position you are in the line for 2021 Corvettes.

I believe that GM has strongly advised dealers to place them ahead (in date order) of any other 2021 orders. So If I put deposit down for a 2021 in 2019 I might go ahead of you, but that would be a dealer call I imagine. Eric???

You are correct, it is on the dealership to place the appropriate priority sequence.

Can you define "appropriate" as it relates to Bill Spencer Chev?

First-come, first-serve, essentially. Whoever placed a deposit first gets tot he front of the line. Anyone who had a deposit in for a 2020 Corvette placed their deposit before anyone who has recently placed a deposit for a 2021, therefore they get priority.

That's an excellent question and one you should ask your dealer, it is in their control. The order is not an order at GM until it is the workbench system as a sold order. So each dealer has to manage their own Customers along with their available allocation. I think it would stand to reason that any unfilled 2020MY orders would naturally "BUMP" down the 2021 list as you were in there first with your order for 2020. But they may use the opportunity to play games, especially if they have preferred Customers, or personal orders to place. Not saying they would do this but it is an all new ballgame as you have to put in a new order. You have to stay on top of your order.

That is an excellent answer. I believe based on my correspondence with GM over questionable dealership practices that it is entirely at the dealers discretion beyond some "recommendations" by GM as dealerships are largely just GM customers... not part of the management structure. There will be lots of folks already on the 2021 list for various reasons so adding a bunch of 2020 customers is going to put dealerships in a difficult position as there will only be so many allocations to go around with BG already working 2 production shifts.
This situation may pretty much have the rest of the 19s sitting around getting scooped up with good price and trade later incentives from the good dealerships in an attempt to deal with this mess and get their customers into a Corvette.

First-come, first-serve, essentially. Whoever placed a deposit first gets tot he front of the line. Anyone who had a deposit in for a 2020 Corvette placed their deposit before anyone who has recently placed a deposit for a 2021, therefore they get priority.

That is also a very good answer Eric. It appears your dealership has a policy that is going to let everyone know rather quickly and concisely where they stand. In a perfect world, you will get the allocations to satisfy all your customers but I think we all know better. At least your dealership has some integrity showing through. Appreciate your insights here.

My dealer had 5 new 2019's all sold, I doubt you see any new corvettes in stock till late 2022

We are all sold out of 2019 Vette's as well. A quick search on Trader shows there might only be 8 left in all of Canada, including one 2017.

I agree, you likely won't see one sitting for sale in a showroom until some time 2022.

That is also a very good answer Eric. It appears your dealership has a policy that is going to let everyone know rather quickly and concisely where they stand. In a perfect world, you will get the allocations to satisfy all your customers but I think we all know better. At least your dealership has some integrity showing through. Appreciate your insights here.
Most dealers have integrity, not all, but most. GM doesn't want unsatisfied customers. So Corvette allocations can be used as a weapon to keep dealers in line.
I mean dealers are also there to make money, but they can't abuse their customers either.

AMEN TO THAT BRO Thats why l want all Cullen customers to contact me so we can make our own lists to make sure the lists stay the same and keep them honest . l myself do not have any real doubts of their integrity but the older l get the less l want to say could of should of and would of .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.