May 3, 2018
Aurora
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray
Province
ON
Wondered if anybody could point me in the right direction......I've got a base C7 Stingray, which means I've got the vinyl dash among other vinyl components. While I don't have a problem with this material bubbling or visibly fading or degrading, I'm finding lots of a difficult-to-remove film on the inside windows. From my days associated with automotive engineers, this is caused by off-gassing from the vinyl materials. I'm constantly cleaning the inside windshield (a PITA with the angles making it difficult to reach the base of the inside windshield). I've used Bon Ami, Windex (ugh), Invisible Glass (the product name lies). I generally have to clean it twice with a normal cleaner then once or twice with the Invisible Glass to get it even acceptably clean.

Then, two days later, the film is there again. The car is ALWAYS garaged out of the sun unless being driven. No smoking in the vehicle. No known products introduced by me to cause the film. My D/D, a Lexus, doesn't have anything close to the same issue with the off-gassing from the vinyl dash on that vehicle.

Anybody got suggestions or recommendations on a better product(s)? I hate cleaning the inside glass constantly, and hate the film on the inside even more - especially when the rays from the sun or oncoming headlights in the evening make the film extremely noticeable.

Thanks,

LateLifeCrisis

Wondered if anybody could point me in the right direction......I've got a base C7 Stingray, which means I've got the vinyl dash among other vinyl components. While I don't have a problem with this material bubbling or visibly fading or degrading, I'm finding lots of a difficult-to-remove film on the inside windows. From my days associated with automotive engineers, this is caused by off-gassing from the vinyl materials. I'm constantly cleaning the inside windshield (a PITA with the angles making it difficult to reach the base of the inside windshield). I've used Bon Ami, Windex (ugh), Invisible Glass (the product name lies). I generally have to clean it twice with a normal cleaner then once or twice with the Invisible Glass to get it even acceptably clean.

Then, two days later, the film is there again. The car is ALWAYS garaged out of the sun unless being driven. No smoking in the vehicle. No known products introduced by me to cause the film. My D/D, a Lexus, doesn't have anything close to the same issue with the off-gassing from the vinyl dash on that vehicle.

Anybody got suggestions or recommendations on a better product(s)? I hate cleaning the inside glass constantly, and hate the film on the inside even more - especially when the rays from the sun or oncoming headlights in the evening make the film extremely noticeable.

Thanks,

LateLifeCrisis
This is the best I have found.
IMG_3005.jpeg

Thanks,

LateLifeCrisis
Rubbing alcohol works great on film in my shower enclosure and on eyeglasses. I would be very careful though using isopropyl alcohol. Better check in case you spill any on the vinyl or plastics.

Rubbing alcohol works great on film in my shower enclosure and on eyeglasses. I would be very careful though using isopropyl alcohol. Better check in case you spill any on the vinyl or plastics.
I use 99% isopropyl on the bathroom mirrors. Since.....forever.
Buying in 5 gallon pails.
Works excellent on the hot tub too.
Get a few empty spray bottles from the Princess.
Key is to spray the product on the towel/rag, and not the item you're cleaning.
(Have you tried Mr Clean magic erasers on the shower enclosure?)

Reactions: 1st Vette
I use 99% isopropyl on the bathroom mirrors. Since.....forever.
Buying in 5 gallon pails.
Works excellent on the hot tub too.
Get a few empty spray bottles from the Princess.
Key is to spray the product on the towel/rag, and not the item you're cleaning.
(Have you tried Mr Clean magic erasers on the shower enclosure?)
Have never done the magic eraser but that's a great idea as well. Tried WD40 once and it worked great on the shower glass....except it took several cleanings with Windex to get the WD40 film oily off.... lol...

Have never done the magic eraser but that's a great idea as well. Tried WD40 once and it worked great on the shower glass....except it took several cleanings with Windex to get the WD40 film oily off.... lol...
Ceramic coating on shower glass is a must!
For the mirrors we have a cleaning service! ;)

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Ahhhh.......makes it a bit more expensive paying the kid next door to inhale dem fumes.
Something like this helps that hard to reach area....

View attachment 126632
Ya, I have something like that, but I use it to move the newspaper around on the window.

Reactions: AxeZ06
These work just as well as the $3/each name brand.
(some may have caught on, that i'm an amzn stock holder......lol)
Screenshot_20240818_120551_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Ceramic coating on shower glass is a must!
For the mirrors we have a cleaning service! ;)
Ceramic on the tile as well in mine . Stays clean a lot longer , just spray down the enclosure with the hand held shower head when you are done. This is good being as I can’t really afford a cleaning service, lol . Our shower doors have a factory hydrophobic coating but the ceramic really does improve the performance.

Users who are viewing this thread