Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
Audi A3 Cabriolet
Province
ON
Hey All,

I am waiting to get a C8 Corvette as a retirement present for my father. I was wondering, since I ordered at Old Mill GM in May 2022, and they got about 20 in 2022, I was wondering what you guys think wait time would be? My dad is in his 70s, so I want it to be realistic to see if he can drive the thing eventually lol.

Hey All,

I am waiting to get a C8 Corvette as a retirement present for my father. I was wondering, since I ordered at Old Mill GM in May 2022, and they got about 20 in 2022, I was wondering what you guys think wait time would be? My dad is in his 70s, so I want it to be realistic to see if he can drive the thing eventually lol.
Simple math tells us it will be 4 years if you are currently 78 on their list. I'm 70 and I love mine. I'm sure I'll love it 4 years from now.

Reactions: MauiSteve
I was told 10 to 12 months; but I guess things change. Hope it will be worth the wait!
Things have changed a lot since 2020. Canadian numbers are down with the advent of the RHD cars which are taking Canadian allocations away.
Not only that, but the Z06 is also taking away Stingray allocations. Being 78 on the stingray list makes it even harder to move up.
If they sold 20 in 2022 they can optimistically expect no more than that these days.
There are always cancellations which will help improve your standing, but it likely won't be by much. You can try talking to Spencers, Brian Cullen or Wilson Niblett to see how long their lists are. They receive more than Old Mill does.

I agree with Murray: get on other lists. Your Dad isn't getting any younger (apologies to Murray but he is a very YOUNG 70) and you can always cancel your spot on a list, after you've got an allocation. Try to find a dealer who gets a lot of allocations and burns through their list "fairly quickly"; hopefully someone who doesn't need a large deposit. OR the other option and this takes more effort on your part: call around to smaller dealers to see what they've got for lists. Don't confine yourself to Ontario only, since it's not hard or that expensive to ship a car. You may luck out and find a dealer who gets very few allocations but they have a very short list. Finally, your other options are to pay over MSRP for a new one, to a dealer that is bringing in an allocation to sell at a profit, or to buy used. Good luck!

I HIGHLY recommend getting on a couple of lists. I went to my local dealer where I know the manager. He was very upfront and honest with me telling me that they only receive a few per year and that they currently had 20 on their list. Would kindly take my deposit if I wanted, but the wait would be long. I joined this forum and everyone pushed the Big 3. I called around and they all got the big numbers, but also had the longest list. I chose one that put me at 138, and was told that they expected 100 per calendar year. (that did not happen unfortunately). I also had guys tell me to search out some smaller dealers. I mapped out an area and just started calling. What is your list at? How many allocations do you think you will receive? How many did you actually get? Do you sell at MSRP and what are your fees? How big of a deposit do you want? I found a small dealership 2 1/2 hours away that had me at #12, with 10 per year, $1000.00 deposit, same fees as the big boys. I placed my deposits in September 2021. I am currently #40 at the big dealer and #1 at the smaller dealer. It really pays off to call around and ask the right questions. I will stay with both until I receive the allocation!

I called some others; minimum 2 years wait. It is wait it is. Both me and my father can wait. I just dont like being lied to about this cause of my father's age, but it doesnt look like lies just reality now. Hopefully production eventually goes back to normal and we can happily call 2023 a write off and wait till 2024. Just crazy to think about it this way.

I called some others; minimum 2 years wait. It is wait it is. Both me and my father can wait. I just dont like being lied to about this cause of my father's age, but it doesnt look like lies just reality now. Hopefully production eventually goes back to normal and we can happily call 2023 a write off and wait till 2024. Just crazy to think about it this way.
Production is normal, around 180ish (186 is considered full speed) C8s per day Minus 10 C8 z06s = 170 C8s per day. As the time progresses there will be 60 C8 Z06s made per day leaving only 120ish C8s made daily. So your dealer that got 20 this year will be down to 13 per year. With that said the economy is bad and is going to get worse so many people will dropout when it comes time to place the order.

Also ask yourself: 4-5 year wait or buy used now and overpay by $10,000-$15,000. Life is short.

Thanks Reactions:ibbycorvette, netsinah and Murray20c8

CCF gave me an trophy thanks to you guys!!!!

You have been awarded a trophy: I Like It a Lot
38 minutes ago
ricky gervais win GIF by Fox TV

Nobody really knows....78 at one dealer will be totally different than another dealer etc....based on how many your particular dealer gets allocated each month obviously....The big dealers seem to get more cars allocated to them each month than the smaller ones (some go months with 0 allocations), so it depends which dealer you are with, but either way it's going to be a couple years probably at best. I started out at 134 about 1.5 years ago, and I'm down to 50ish and this is with one of the big dealers in Ontario.....hoping to get called by summer of 23, but waiting is frustrating.....

Production is normal, around 180ish (186 is considered full speed) C8s per day Minus 10 C8 z06s = 170 C8s per day. As the time progresses there will be 60 C8 Z06s made per day leaving only 120ish C8s made daily. So your dealer that got 20 this year will be down to 13 per year. With that said the economy is bad and is going to get worse so many people will dropout when it comes time to place the order.

Also ask yourself: 4-5 year wait or buy used now and overpay by $10,000-$15,000. Life is short.
I can overpay, not a problem, but I want my dad to buy new. He came to Canada in 98 and made an amazing life here for his kids and himself from being a manual laborer. I want new for him, nothing wrong with used, just want something made just for him.

Thanks for the insight guys; hope you guys enjoy your rides!

Mods you can close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.