Dec 20, 2009
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2007 Z51
Was wondering if anyone has ever installed the factory NPP mufflers on there 2007 and earlier C6....The NPP was an option starting in 08

Quite a few peple have done it...Checked out other forums

Can also buy the mild to wild wireless remote to open and close the chambers when ever you want---best of both worlds...stock quiet, flick of the switch loud :D....interesting.... although its kinda pricey---over $1200 for the pair of mufflers

Best place to get GM NPP mufflers - Corvette Forum

Was wondering if anyone has ever installed the factory NPP mufflers on there 2007 and earlier C6....The NPP was an option starting in 08

Quite a few peple have done it...Checked out other forums

Can also buy the mild to wild wireless remote to open and close the chambers when ever you want---best of both worlds...stock quiet, flick of the switch loud :D....interesting.... although its kinda pricey---over $1200 for the pair of mufflers

Best place to get GM NPP mufflers - Corvette Forum

You can find them used , but if you are looking an inprovement over your current stock exhaust , don't waste your money . You are better off with a set of Bassani's or Corsa Extreme's .

Last edited:
Hey Manny have you ever installed NPP on anyones C6 before??

The Corsa`a sound nice but the NPP would be kinda nice too......Not loud 24-7 like the after market exhausts......Loud when you want it with NPP :D

Hey Manny have you ever installed NPP on anyones C6 before??

The Corsa`a sound nice but the NPP would be kinda nice too......Not loud 24-7 like the after market exhausts......Loud when you want it with NPP :D

I have done a few of the NNP conversions . C6 Z06 NNP to C6 with the remote NPP commander . If you are running a stock C6 there is not much exhaust note change . If you have a good have a set of headers or cam or blower ,than this solution to control the sound level .

It ultimately is your choice , these are just my personal experiences and views :canada:

Last edited:
I have heard them on youtube on stock setups....They sound ok..I like the idea of stock quiet then a bit more rumble when you want......Thanks for the input Manny. Do you know anyone/yourself who can get these mufflers for a good price???....A few vendors on other sites want $640 and up a piece...The dealer wants over $740 I think

Also I heard that 2008 NPP mufflers will bolt right into place, no welding or cutting---Is that true?? My exhaust is stock BTW

Last edited:
What about just installing electric cutouts? That is something I am planning on doing with my Chevelle. However...that may be too loud if you are only planning on adding a bit more rumble.

I have heard them on youtube on stock setups....They sound ok..I like the idea of stock quiet then a bit more rumble when you want......Thanks for the input Manny. Do you know anyone/yourself who can get these mufflers for a good price???....A few vendors on other sites want $640 and up a piece...The dealer wants over $740 I think

Also I heard that 2008 NPP mufflers will bolt right into place, no welding or cutting---Is that true?? My exhaust is stock BTW

That is correct the 08's LS3 NPP will bolt right up . I can call a few of my US vendor's and see if they have anything , if you want .

personally, I'd keep the cat backs from factory and spend my money on headers... cat back MIGHT give you 5 RWHP... headers will be maybe 20 and will increase the sound also. They'll be nice and quiet too unless you're wailin on it.

Headers + tune = :D

Hmmm thats strange.....Figure they would. Hey I just check partstaxi.com and they have them for $740 a piece. Ever hear of them Manny?

Yes , really good people to deal with . I have used them before for stock parts . You also try Bob over @fichtnerchevrolet.com

Please remenber I was looking for a newer or slightly used take off set .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread