Province
SK
IM001714.JPG

IM001715.JPG

IM001717.JPG

IM001721.JPG

IM001723.JPG

IM001724.JPG
Oct 4 winter hit us and the whole month we had over a foot of snow, it was just doom and gloom. But come early November and all melted and warm weather moved in and I'm back on the road cruising with my 82 Crossfire. Last 2 days I put on 345 kms. Hopefully I'll drive it more yet , but I want to put some miles on my other cars yet too just to say I did at this time of year which is abit rare for us out here. Heck , even a few bugs hit the windshield which surprised me. Stopped over at my home town and took some pics by the mini Grain Elevator that was setup for our 100 year birthday in 2014. All the elevators are gone now in the small towns along the highway, but this is a cool memory of what it was like back then not so long ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
We had our car out for supper today as well. No pictures though. :( Pretty nice weather for this time of year and supposed to be up around 50F every day for the next week. Making up for time lost while recuperating from bypass surgery this summer. :)

Isn't this weather a wonderful surprise after the blast of winter we got in October!?
Those are some really nice pics. The car looks great!
A few times I wish I hadn't put the corvette away and had another garage for times like these so I could take it out whenever it happened to be nice out.....maybe some day.

November 12 and 13 was a great weekend here in Ontario. On the road both days.
Last year, it got cold mid Nov.....then I remember that on Dec 12, we had a warm day.... and out she came.
Hoping to beat that late date this year. Fingers crossed.

Isn't this weather a wonderful surprise after the blast of winter we got in October!?
Those are some really nice pics. The car looks great!
A few times I wish I hadn't put the corvette away and had another garage for times like these so I could take it out whenever it happened to be nice out.....maybe some day.
Riley. you have a new place and a new garage.... how about a picture of your car hibernating in it's new digs....

Michael. You are making me drool over those superb classics you have.... And I love the Lily at Parkside.. We stop there for a picture every trip I make to Flin Flon for my fishing trips...

Yup... the lily and I are old friends... It's amazing the number of small towns that have a claim to fame... I remember the first time I drove from Winnipeg up to Leif Rapids, Manitoba. Just outside of Winnipeg is a small town called Ashern... they have a sharp tail grouse that would feed a small country.... well... if they ate concrete that is....
2grouse1.jpg

Now that is one big chicken !!! after I left the Lilly cruising back with the Xfire I just caught up to a car and see abit of something move on the shoulder , hit the brakes hard as it was a big buck , his horns were so big that he had to duck to get under the power line. Man I'm glad I didn't run into him.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I can feel your relief. I was with a buddy in his cutlass a long long time ago when a big buck ran out of the ditch and right into the side of the car. I was really glad I didn't have my arm out the window. The buck ran into the bush and was never seen again and the Cutlass ran to the shop for $3,800.00 in repairs... And he didn't even have to duck going under the powerline.... lol... That's a priceless descriptor Michael.... Permission to use that pleassssseeeeee.... lol....

But it's true Eric , he was that big. A few years ago I seen one like this too by my place I think the line sparked when he jumped the fence and went under the power line. Yeah use my line !! I think the Boon and Crocket world record or what ever they call it still stands for the biggest white tail rack was shot about 40 miles northwest of my place.

So far I'm really enjoying the weather, even if I don't have the car.
Eric, we don't keep our cars at home over winter so that we can sneak one of the daily drivers in the garage for winter. Here are the cars tucked away for the winter.

IMG_2971.JPG

The reason for launching the cars out of the garage is to squeeze the suburban we just bought in there. It was extremely well taken care of but is showing surface rust around the rear wheel wells and has 255,000km on it. I'm hoping to get it to last for 5+ years and part of that plan is keeping it out of the winter weather.
At some point I'm going to paint the wheel wells with POR-15 to see if I can seal it up before the rust becomes a problem.

Attachments

• IMG_9986.JPG
    IMG_9986.JPG
    982.1 KB · Views: 7
Ahhhhhh.... that explains.... Wowser.... That Suburban looks really good Riley... They all looked alike for a few years but I'm guessing about an 02?

I have a 98 Yukon that's my new plow truck this year.... It has about the same miles on it as yours but that's where the resemblance ends.... lol....But what can I expect for $ 800.00.... hehe.... It runs... even if it's not real pretty.... It was marginally prettier until my nephew delivered it for me.... He had a minor mishap on the QE2 four lane. Luckily nobody hurt and nobody else involved but there's a few extra dents and scuffs now...

Rollover2.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.