charlesorosz

Casual User
Dec 30, 2019
Montreal, Canada
VetteCoins
I’m wondering if all of the nose emblems are compatible for all c3 model years. I have a 75’, but personally think the 68-72 emblem (crossed flags) would look nicer than the one I have (round red badge). Has anyone ever done this?

Its fiberglass man.

Try it. If the holes are different, you’re only a drill, fill and paint touch up away from the emblems you want.

Can get a little expensive if you can’t do your own bodywork though. Probably run you somewhere around 500-1G if you have to pay for a shop to do it.

might be a little bit different contour to the 68-72 as well and it might not sit properly on the nose body lines. You prob wont know until you try it. Good thing is emblems are made of pretty soft “pot metal” like material and it reshapes fairly easily. You just have to be careful not to break them in the process or put hammer/vise/tool marks in them...

Last edited:
That’s what my body shop friend told me to do.
I have a 74 and when I was restoring my car the 74 hood was wrapped to I sourced a 76 hood but the pin holes are totally different.
He told me to use tape and put it on. Cutting off the pins.
I am a little concerned about the bend in the emblem not matching the hood line. I am also not sure the emblem will easily bend but maybe. I actually really like the red emblem with writing around the circle.
Good luck

Reactions: charlesorosz
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.