Nov 1, 2019
the GTA
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 Spider
Province
ON
We all know it's pretty simple to lower a Z51 with the adjustable spring perches. And Cico Performance has come up with a cost effective solution for lowering the front if you have front end lift.
But what about us non-Z51 guys? I'm gonna be looking for a drop of a minimum of 1" maybe even up to 1.5" for my non-Z51 vert with front end lift. Whats the easiest solution to accomplish this? I've seen some YouTube vids of people lowering Ferrari's and it seems simple enough. I watched one the other day and they pulled out the shocks, took off the factory springs and replaced them with yellow Novitec lowering springs. Can this be done for the C8 as well?

The kit from Cico is basically to compensate for the front lift. The Z51 coil overs are adjustable where the base cars aren't. There will be options out shortly for complete coil over assemblies or shorter springs Coming from the aftermarket it's just a matter of time

so if you buy a non Z51 to save some money, but you need to buy an exhaust, a front splitter a wing you are near $3000 for that, after if you want to lower the suspension it will probably be between $1000 to $1500 maybe more with labor, so the best thing is probably take a z51 ?

what do you think ?

Personally I would have done the high wing regardless. I would have also done STI regardless. So those are moot for me. With the 5V7 part number I got the splitter for $51 bucks. Installation is included with all of the above. The NPP, if I would have know what it sounded like (not loud enough for me) I wouldn't have got it and put that money into an aftermarket exhaust. I would have saved a few bucks on rear lowering but It will be the same for upfront cause I got front end lift. Plus for me, if I got Z51 I would have got mag ride, thats just over 8K. I put that 8K and a bit more into a Vert when I changed from a coupe.

Reactions: JR410
Call your parts guy at your dealership and ask him to order you part number 84254456. It's $701.26 and includes installation. It consists of the Z51 front splitter and the STI side rocker extensions. I believe the STI option is $650 if you add it to your build. Getting it through the parts counter gives you the Z51 front splitter too which works out to about $51.

Call your parts guy at your dealership and ask him to order you part number 84254456. It's $701.26 and includes installation. It consists of the Z51 front splitter and the STI side rocker extensions. I believe the STI option is $650 if you add it to your build. Getting it through the parts counter gives you the Z51 front splitter too which works out to about $51.
Good to know, thanks a lot !

Reactions: Sparro
We all know it's pretty simple to lower a Z51 with the adjustable spring perches. And Cico Performance has come up with a cost effective solution for lowering the front if you have front end lift.
But what about us non-Z51 guys? I'm gonna be looking for a drop of a minimum of 1" maybe even up to 1.5" for my non-Z51 vert with front end lift. Whats the easiest solution to accomplish this? I've seen some YouTube vids of people lowering Ferrari's and it seems simple enough. I watched one the other day and they pulled out the shocks, took off the factory springs and replaced them with yellow Novitec lowering springs. Can this be done for the C8 as well?
Hey Sparro, I am in the same boat. I didn’t want the Z51 but would like it a bit lower. I saw a YouTube vid that outlined that we can buy the stock Z51 shocks (non mag ride for approx 650$) which come with adjustable perches, and we can keep the stock springs. if this is all true, it would main the ride quality. I’ll look for the vid.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread