Mar 21, 2023
VetteCoins
Hello all. I'm new to this forum and would like to say hi to my fellow C8 enthusiast.
Searched and searched few forums now and can't find the answer so I'm throwing this out there. Maybe a tech that performs the PDI's at a dealership will chime in.
I have a C8 at status 3000 with a POTENTIAL TPW of May 8th. My purchase is a 2023 Vert NON Z51. I ordered it with the {NPP} performance exhaust and {TVS }, Low profile rear spoiler and front splitter.
I'm hearing the front splitter is installed during the PDI. BUT is the LOW profile rear spoiler factory installed OR installed during the PDI also. Reason I ask is I have a Z51 spoiler I would like to have installed during the PDI. Same mounting holes and adhesive tape is used for both spoilers. If they have to install the low profile spoiler during the PDI anyway? I can just have them install the Z51 spoiler instead. That is what I'm hoping. I really don't want to have to take the rear bumper cover off a new car to install the Z51 spoiler after the fact.
When I watch videos of the C8's coming off the truck with the white cover sheets on, you can see the spoilers already installed. But found out later that those are true Z51's. That those spoilers are factory installed. Only when you order the Z51 with the high wing option does it not. The high wing is installed during PDI. Just hoping someone with my same build criteria can shed some light.

It will be installed at the factory. Only the front splitter is put on during PDI at the dealership. I also ordered the low profile spoiler and front splitter - it came off the truck with the low profile spoiler installed.

It will be installed at the factory. Only the front splitter is put on during PDI at the dealership. I also ordered the low profile spoiler and front splitter - it came off the truck with the low profile spoiler installed.
Thank you for the reply. Thus far I had two dealers tell me the bolt on low profile rear spoilers get installed during PDI and one tell me at the factory. The dealer that told me it was factory install says only the smaller GM accessories adhesive applied spoiler gets installed during PDI. Waiting to hear back from my dealer.

The spoilers available on the Chevrolet build and price site are all installed at the factory. ( looks like 2 of us were typing at the same time )
Thank you both for answering my question. Glad you were able to shed light on this. Can't believe the dealer wouldn't know?? You would think they could just go to the back and ask the PDI prep person. Haha.

6A68A0AF-D452-4F01-AC9B-AF0423A0702E.jpeg

Above picture is the low profile spoiler on my 22 that definitely came on the car from the factory.
That is the spoiler. Is your car a Z51? Because they say the Z51 gets the spoiler installed at the factory. But the NON Z51 during the PDI. Thats what the two dealers said anyways. But then I get conflicting stories. So best to ask the owners themselves.

Yes it is a Z51. I ordered the low profile spoiler and front splitter option because I liked that spoiler better.

When you do that on a Z51, the build sheet will show spoiler delete but the low profile spoiler arrives on the car.

If you order a non Z51 with the low profile spoiler it also comes on the car. A friend has one and it came on the car.

Yes it is a Z51. I ordered the low profile spoiler and front splitter option because I liked that spoiler better.

When you do that on a Z51, the build sheet will show spoiler delete but the low profile spoiler arrives on the car.

If you order a non Z51 with the low profile spoiler it also comes on the car. A friend has one and it came on the car.
Good to know. Bad news for me but Thank you for reaching out.

Reactions: dyoung
Hello all. I'm new to this forum and would like to say hi to my fellow C8 enthusiast.
Searched and searched few forums now and can't find the answer so I'm throwing this out there. Maybe a tech that performs the PDI's at a dealership will chime in.
I have a C8 at status 3000 with a POTENTIAL TPW of May 8th. My purchase is a 2023 Vert NON Z51. I ordered it with the {NPP} performance exhaust and {TVS }, Low profile rear spoiler and front splitter.
I'm hearing the front splitter is installed during the PDI. BUT is the LOW profile rear spoiler factory installed OR installed during the PDI also. Reason I ask is I have a Z51 spoiler I would like to have installed during the PDI. Same mounting holes and adhesive tape is used for both spoilers. If they have to install the low profile spoiler during the PDI anyway? I can just have them install the Z51 spoiler instead. That is what I'm hoping. I really don't want to have to take the rear bumper cover off a new car to install the Z51 spoiler after the fact.
When I watch videos of the C8's coming off the truck with the white cover sheets on, you can see the spoilers already installed. But found out later that those are true Z51's. That those spoilers are factory installed. Only when you order the Z51 with the high wing option does it not. The high wing is installed during PDI. Just hoping someone with my same build criteria can shed some light.
I had the low spoiler option because it’s the only one that fits the rear deck lid correctly and I don’t like the big wings. Like the more clean look.

Welcome!
Just wondering when you went to 3000 status as I'm also at this status since Feb 22nd and waiting to hear my TPW timing. Wondering what your 'potential TPW of May 8th' means?? Is this your actual TPW date you got from the dealer, or just a guess, and curious how long have you been at 3000??
Regarding your question, I'm 99% sure the Low Profile spoiler is factory installed. I had the same thought of ordering the Z51 spoiler separately, but didn't want the dealer to remove the bumper etc, so I changed my mind....

My low profile spoiler was factory installed. But it didn’t last a week…lol.
What did you swap it out for?
Welcome!
Just wondering when you went to 3000 status as I'm also at this status since Feb 22nd and waiting to hear my TPW timing. Wondering what your 'potential TPW of May 8th' means?? Is this your actual TPW date you got from the dealer, or just a guess, and curious how long have you been at 3000??
Regarding your question, I'm 99% sure the Low Profile spoiler is factory installed. I had the same thought of ordering the Z51 spoiler separately, but didn't want the dealer to remove the bumper etc, so I changed my mind....
Hello Butsy: I was called March 17th and said to send in my build specs. Said that they have an allocation for me. Said I was 2000 status at that point. I sent the specs in that afternoon.
By Monday the 20th build was accepted by GM. Never asked at that point but still think I was 2000 status.
I emailed Shane March 21st at the NCM. As he is the delivery department manager. Just asking him what his thoughts were. He replied on the 22nd. Looked up my detailed order number. Was advised by him I’m now at 3000 status and have a POTENTIAL TPW of 05/08. And don’t forget the plant was shut down from the 20th to the 27th. So probably sets my TPW for farther down the line. I’m hoping it stands for May 08th. As I think if it were Aug. 5th it would be a 2024 model then. As of yesterday, My dealer nor does Concierge sees a TPW date on my order. I guess they don’t get updated.
All we can do is be patient. Glad to be in the 23 model year to be part of the 70th Anniversary.
My last Vette I owned was the 2003 50th Vert burgandy with the shale roof and interior.
Switched to Porsche because of the mid engine. It was like driving an go cart, so much fun. But now I’m back with the mid engine C8. Very excited.
Thanks for letting me know about the spoiler.

Hello Butsy: I was called March 17th and said to send in my build specs. Said that they have an allocation for me. Said I was 2000 status at that point. I sent the specs in that afternoon.
By Monday the 20th build was accepted by GM. Never asked at that point but still think I was 2000 status.
I emailed Shane March 21st at the NCM. As he is the delivery department manager. Just asking him what his thoughts were. He replied on the 22nd. Looked up my detailed order number. Was advised by him I’m now at 3000 status and have a POTENTIAL TPW of 05/08. And don’t forget the plant was shut down from the 20th to the 27th. So probably sets my TPW for farther down the line. I’m hoping it stands for May 08th. As I think if it were Aug. 5th it would be a 2024 model then. As of yesterday, My dealer nor does Concierge sees a TPW date on my order. I guess they don’t get updated.
All we can do is be patient. Glad to be in the 23 model year to be part of the 70th Anniversary.
My last Vette I owned was the 2003 50th Vert burgandy with the shale roof and interior.
Switched to Porsche because of the mid engine. It was like driving an go cart, so much fun. But now I’m back with the mid engine C8. Very excited.
thanks for the info....I haven't heard from my dealer, but I'm hoping my TPW is soon....It's been a long 20 months or so....

If you are at 3000 it will definitely be a 2023.
No, the concierges works off a report they get once a week.
Your dealer should see a TPW, but not all dealers are that savvy. There is for sure a TPW that he can see once you are at 3000

Reactions: opmope and butsy

The front splitter is installed here at the dealership (Probably to make getting on and off the truck easier) and the only spoiler installed here at the dealership is the High Wing.

When a Z51 with High Wing is ordered it arrives here without a spoiler and literally has markers on it for the High Wing fasteners

Rear 1.png
IMG_2992.jpg

Yes that is what I’m told also. For the Z51. Rear spoiler IS installed at the factory UNLESS you order the high wing spoiler. They also so you can opt out of the Z51 spoiler on a Z51 ordered pkg. and go for the Low profile rear spoiler front splitter. Then that gets installed during PDI like the high wing.
But a few dealers now in Ontario have told me that the NON Z51 again NON Z51. If you order the low profile rear spoiler and the front splitter combo for $795. That rear spoiler and front splitter comes in a box and NOT installed at the at the factory but it too gets installed during PDI.
I have the Z51 take off spoiler now I bought from a gentleman that added the high wing. So I’m looking at it pretending the car is attached lol.
Have to wait till my build and delivery before I know for sure.
Again thanks for your help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread