YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
Got that bitter-taste today of what it will always feels like when
a Dealership says they have the ZR1 allocation
and when you show up ... NOT TRUE and it's NOT THERE !!!

:Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage:

I definitely am not one to "enjoy" sharing this news ...
RE: EDMONTON MOTORSHOW April 12-15, 2018

I am here at the International Auto Show in YYC today
NO ZR1
So I vented then asked if the ZR1 will be in YEG ???
the answer was a very quick NO !!

:Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage::Rage:

If you plan to spend your time and money to go to the Edmonton MotorShow April 12-15th 2018
DON'T BOTHER if you are only going and expecting to see the ZR1
I was told by GM reps here in YYC today that it won't be there !

They also told me that the ZR1 will not be in Vancouver March28-April 1 2018

Appears the only Canadians blessed to see the ZR1 in Canada Auto Shows are those
in Montreal and Toronto - so I was just told here at the YYC Auto Show
Good Fortune for our Eastern Friends​

Last edited:
Then insult to injury I look right beside "just a Plain-Jane" Matrix Grey Z06 Vert to find this at the Calgary Show o_O ...
:eek: what the hell is this doing on a Camaro ???
You GM Guys were suppose to bring the other Car with something like this on it !!!
:angry1::angry-argh::angry1::angry-argh::angry1:

iOS Image - 2137609509.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I must remember that I was at the Calgary Auto Show to look at all cars and educate my Daughter about them as she begins the process of learning to drive ! :angelic:
It was not suppose to be my agenda to go to this Auto Show to only enjoy and hug a ZR1 (sigh!) :Sorry:
and darn it ... I caught my Wife setting eyes on and being invited behind the ropes to get up-and-personal with the Maserati SUV (a Winter Beater I guess) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
... then someone saw how sad :( I looked at not seeing a ZR1 and let me get a bit closer to this ...
... I didn't look sad :Sorry: enough though to get to sit in to check the interior ...
(excuse was the battery needed charging - which I guess was reason that supports the wire we see there)
WOW - I sure do wish that my Long Beach Red paint could do this - WOW
so all was not lost ... thank you McLaren :thumbs:
darn it GM

iOS Image - 3418328877.jpg

Last edited:
Some poor women is also looking high and low for her brand new carbon fibre ironing board which has mysteriously disappeared.:Banghead:

Bill
I'm not a fan of these big spoilers. I think that what I like about our 2005 is that it isn't all junked up with swoops, scoops and spoilers. Then again I always like the understated cars. Everyone to their own. It certainly isn't going to win any races against the newer stuff but that's OK. You are never the quickest out there anyway. Found that out fifty years ago.

Last edited:
SO THIS IS WHAT FUELS ONE TO GET REALLY STEAMED
A "LOST LEADER" OF SORT FOR BEING ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT GOING TO THIS SHOW

I HOPE YOU EDMONTON AND VANCOUVER BOYS WATCH FOR THIS WITH YOUR CAR SHOWS
OH YES ... THE 2019 GM TRUCKS ARE NOT HERE TOO !!!

iOS Image - 142090075.jpg
iOS Image - 379763995.jpg

SO THIS IS WHAT FUELS ONE TO GET REALLY STEAMED
A "LOST LEADER" OF SORT FOR BEING ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT GOING TO THIS SHOW

I HOPE YOU EDMONTON AND VANCOUVER BOYS WATCH FOR THIS WITH YOUR CAR SHOWS
OH YES ... THE 2019 GM TRUCKS ARE NOT HERE TOO !!!

View attachment 15336View attachment 15337
With a one year exception I’ve gone to every auto show we’ve had in Edmonton. It is true that some years are disappointing as expected new models of certain cars of interest did not make it. Nevertheless there is still enjoyment to be found!

Reactions: YFCvii
Then insult to injury I look right beside "just a Plain-Jane" Matrix Grey Z06 Vert to find this at the Calgary Show o_O ...
:eek: what the hell is this doing on a Camaro ???
You GM Guys were suppose to bring the other Car with something like this on it !!!
:angry1::angry-argh::angry1::angry-argh::angry1:

View attachment 15331
Carbon 7 take some pics as to,height thinking of getting one

Reactions: YFCvii
Carbon 7 take some pics as to,height thinking of getting one
Was not a Carbon 65 Z06 at the Auto Show @Jeffer2013 ... only had the Ceramic Grey Paint.
Northgate might have one still ... the Carbon 65 says "Sales Pending" on their website though ... better hurry to be 2nd in line for it ...
Don't wait long on these Jeff, Carbon 65 is a numbered car ... only so many of them ... otherwise it's Camaro 50th all over again and I'd hate that for you.

With a one year exception I’ve gone to every auto show we’ve had in Edmonton. It is true that some years are disappointing as expected new models of certain cars of interest did not make it. Nevertheless there is still enjoyment to be found!
You are correct @Brent08 ... as you can see ... even though we were there looking at Trax, Cruze, similar Ford and imports ...
somehow the older one's in our threesome found something other than the ZR1 and the 2019 Trucks that could entertain us ...
That McLaren was :Wideyed: "nice" but I don't have near enough Stingrays to trade in to offset set that price ... :greedy:
Told the McLaren Rep that it's a good thing I can't sit in it, I might say Yuuuuuup ! ...
Dodge sure did have some nice eye candy with a Demon and 2 Hell-kitties

Last edited:
C7Carbon is the company making the wing I might get
Oh ... you mean the o_O Camaro Wing ... I was so mad seeing that instead of the ZR1 :Rage: ... I ripped the dam thing off that ZL1 "Corvette ZR1 Wanna-be" (JMO)

hummm ... in regard to that little rant-action of mine, you know a good lawyer who can negotiate bail for me @Jeffer2013 ? :Shifty:

seriously though ... this ZL1 may likely be at the YEG Show for you to see mid April ...
iOS Image - 2137609509.jpg

Last edited:
20180222_131353.jpg
Oh ... you mean the o_O Camaro Wing ... I was so mad seeing that instead of the ZR1 :Rage: ... I ripped the dam thing off that ZL1 "Corvette ZR1 Wanna-be" (JMO)

hummm ... in regard to that little rant-action of mine, you know a good lawyer who can negotiate bail for me @Jeffer2013 ? :Shifty:

seriously though ... this ZL1 may likely be at the YEG Show for you to see mid April ...
View attachment 15360
That would be me...pro bono for fellow Corvette owners.

View attachment 15441
That would be me...pro bono for fellow Corvette owners.

I have officially printed this post.... in colour.... with picture.... and framed and hung on my wall for future reference as necessary....:thumbs:. Lol.....

Bit of a dangerous offer though flyboy...nearly 3000 members reading this... hehe... What kind of law do you practice?

I have officially printed this post.... in colour.... with picture.... and framed and hung on my wall for future reference as necessary....:thumbs:. Lol.....

Bit of a dangerous offer though flyboy...nearly 3000 members reading this... hehe... What kind of law do you practice?
Criminal Law. I'm wagering we don't have too many criminals driving these cars ;) That's me at the Court of Queen's Bench in Battleford, Saskatchewan, a couple weeks ago..:)

Last edited:
Exciting times up in North Battleford for the past while. :Wideyed:

As for no ZR1 at most of the Canadian Car shows, what are they using them all for? I figured they'd at least have some dedicated show cars. And to not have the new trucks at the shows in truck country is pretty surprising. I am really looking forward to seeing the new Chev truck in the flesh because I really don't like how it looks in pictures to the point where I think it looks like it's already been in a front end collision and am shocked Chev would let something that unfinished looking go into production....but then again, there was the Aztek, and people did like those.....maybe it just has to grow on me like square tail lights on a Corvette. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread