Car
2020 C8 Z51 Mag ride
Province
ON
I was checking the GM website today and the compare C8 packages it shows;

Tire pressure monitor, Genuine Corvette Accessory Available 1LT Available 2LT
  • Monitors tire pressure and informs driver when pressure levels are low
  • May require additional optional equipment
Does anyone have a 1LT and confirm that there is no TPMS?

I have a second set of tires and currently shopping for rims and need to confirm if my 1LT Z51 with Mag ride has TPMS sensors.

Week of 2/24/2020
Effective 2/24/2020, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:

• Exterior section-(RIN) LPO, Rear Corvette script, painted Arctic White, updated footnote 1 to now read "Not available with RIK, SL8, DTH, DX0, DUB."
  • Exterior section-(SL8) LPO, Rear Corvette script, painted Elkhart Lake Blue, updated footnote 1 to now read "Not available with RIK, RIN, DTH, DX0, DUB."
  • Exterior section-(RIK) LPO, Rear Corvette script, painted Torch Red, updated footnote 1 to now read "Not available with RIN, SL8, DTH, DX0, DUB."
  • Exterior section-Added (SD5) LPO, Tire pressure monitor, Genuine Corvette Accessory. It is "A/D1" on all equipment groups with a footnote 1 that reads "Included and only available with (5DF/5DG) LPO wheels."
  • Exterior section-Added (S47) LPO, Chrome lug nuts, Genuine Corvette Accessory. It is "A/D1" on all equipment groups with a footnote 1 that reads "Included and only available with (5DG) 19" front/20" rear 5-trident-spoke Black-painted aluminum wheels, LPO."
  • Exterior section-(SFE) LPO, Wheel locks, updated footnote 1 to now read "Included with (5DG) 19" front/20" rear 5-open-spoke Performance Pewter-painted aluminum wheels, LPO. Not available with (5DF) 19" front/20" rear 5-trident-spoke Black-painted aluminum wheels, LPO."
  • Exterior section-(SPZ) LPO, Black wheel locks, added a footnote 1 to all equipment groups that reads "Included with (5DF) 19" front/20" rear 5-trident-spoke Black-painted aluminum wheels, LPO."
  • Exterior section-(SPY) LPO, Black lug nuts, added a footnote 1 to all equipment groups that reads "Included with (5DF) 19" front/20" rear 5-trident-spoke Black-painted aluminum wheels, LPO."
  • Exterior section-(5DF) LPO, 19" x 8.5" (48.3 cm x 21.6 cm) front and 20" x 11" (50.8 cm x 25.4 cm) rear 5-trident-spoke Black-painted aluminum wheels, updated extended description to now read "includes (SPY) Black lug nuts, LPO, (SPZ) Black wheel locks, LPO, and (SD5) Tire pressure monitor, LPO. Accessory LPO wheels are a second set of wheels. Please ensure customer desires 2 sets of wheels before ordering. Accessory wheels do not include additional wheels caps, factory wheels caps may be reused, or additional wheel caps may be purchased. Genuine Corvette Accessory".
  • Exterior section-(5DG) LPO, 19" x 8.5" (48.3 cm x 21.6 cm) front and 20" x 11" (50.8 cm x 25.4 cm) rear 5-open-spoke Performance Pewter-painted aluminum wheels updated extended description to now read "includes (S47) Chrome lug nuts, LPO, (SFE) Wheel locks, LPO, and (SD5) Tire pressure monitor, LPO. Accessory LPO wheels are a second set of wheels. Please ensure customer desires 2 sets of wheels before ordering. Accessory wheels do not include additional wheels caps, factory wheels caps may be reused, or additional wheel caps may be purchased. Genuine Corvette Accessory".

I can't find any other references to it. The references above are for the second set of wheels one can order.
The manual implies it's standard on all cars. Now I'm wondering.

Edit: No need to wonder. The order guide allows any equipment group to order a second set of wheels with the further option of the TPMS sensors.
The extra sensors would be useless if the car didn't have the TPMS .

Last edited:
I was checking the GM website today and the compare C8 packages it shows;

Tire pressure monitor, Genuine Corvette Accessory Available 1LT Available 2LT
Does anyone have a 1LT and confirm that there is no TPMS?

I have a second set of tires and currently shopping for rims and need to confirm if my 1LT Z51 with Mag ride has TPMS sensors.
NKUCH could check for you he has a Sebring Orange 1LT, he is a Youtuber from Toronto

Reactions: nKuch
It's been mandatory since 2007 that all cars made is the USA have TPMS. It will have it
Yes that is true but this is Canada and if it is made for Canadian Market (even though it is made in the US) in Canada we don't require them so some manufacturers save a few bucks and don't put them on i.e. Toyota on lower level models. Even Mercedes Benz on most of their top models doesn't put TPMS sensors in the wheels for vehicles made for Canadian market.

• Wow
Reactions: Gilles27
I was confused when "chevrolet.ca" added on an additional option for the 2020 C8 on its "build & price" website in the "interior" section, which wasn't originally there:

Tire pressure monitor, Genuine Corvette Accessory
See Dealer For Pricing

Clicking the "information" icon for this option tells you this:
Then when you select it as an option, the next pop up reads:

Changing Tire pressure monitor, Genuine Corvette Accessory requires you to choose one of the following:
ADD
19" front/20" rear 5-trident-spoke Black-painted aluminum wheels, Genuine Corvette Accessory See Dealer For Pricing

• Front 19" x 8.5" wheels
  • Rear 20" x 11" wheels
  • Centre caps are sold separately
  • These are a second set of wheels
19" front/20" rear 5-open-spoke Performance Pewter-painted aluminum wheels, Genuine Corvette Accessory See Dealer For Pricing
  • Front 19" x 8.5" wheels
  • Rear 20" x 11" wheels
  • Centre caps are sold separately
  • These are a second set of wheels
So at first blush it appears you get the tire pressure monitor only on a second set of rims (??). I asked my sales manager to explain this but haven't heard back from him yet. Then looking at "chevrolet.com" it has the very same addition, so it's the same whether you order a C8 in Canada or the US.

Thanks "Murray20C8". Your explanation makes the most sense so I suspect it's correct. I tried to order the wheels first on "chevrolet.ca", but the wheels you must buy with the TPMS (black-painted or pewter-painted) are different than the two most closely matching optional wheels listed for sale (sterling silver or spectra gray) in the "exterior" section of "build & pricing". Oh well. Maybe this is their way of giving 2 more rim options, with only those options requiring separate TPMS pricing. If so, a weird way of doing it. Another one of life's "not-so-great" mysteries.

TPMS, for what it is worth I believe it is another useless piece of tech, which the dealers / manufactures believe we need. Old fashioned maybe but a good tire gauge will work just as well if it is used once a week and in todays tire market many times the tires don't lose pressure at all unless the ambient conditions change dramatically.

I was happy to have TPMS after successfully seeking out Edmonton's worst pothole his past winter. Immediately after hitting it, my dash light activated so I knew the worst had happened: the rim wasn't holding air and my tire went flat right away, telling me to pull over. I lost one rim and 2 tires that day but the damage could have been more had I continued to drive. I suppose "back in the day" and w/o TPMS I might have pulled over right away to check, however it was nice to have that instant confirmation. Now I know that doesn't happen often but I think it's a useful addition. As always, each to his/her own.

We had a slow leak in one of the tires on my wife's Camaro and she didn't realize it. It went completely flat on her and finally destroyed the tire before she realized what was happening. Luckily I had a spare tire for some reason and the rim didn't get destroyed. More technology can't hurt.

TPMS can predict a blowout especially with temperature readings like the Corvette has. A quick rise in temp is an indication of imminent complete tire failure and can save your butt. It is particularly helpful on the track so you can monitor hot tire temps and pressures. I use TPMS for my travel trailer too as it is hard to determine what is happening with trailer tires from the cab of the tow vehicle. I find TPMS an invaluable tool and any vehicle I own that does not have it I upgrade.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread