Zeeman28a

RIP
Ontario You're a Regular 2 You're 10
Jan 29, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
VetteCoins
Province
ON
I've been waiting for a few weeks to hear back from the Piedmont Corvette Club about a joint U.S Canada cruise from Fort Erie along the Niagara Parkway.

They finally got back to me this evening and they've set the date for Sept 19, weather permitting.

We will meet up at the Tim Hortons at QEW and Winston Churchill from 9-10am.

A second meet up at the Gateway Ice Center on Fruitland Rd. for 11AM and cruise to Mick and Angelo's for lunch at noon where we will meet up with the U.S. contingency.

From there, we will cruise to Fort Erie and back to Niagara Falls along the Niagara Parkway. Similar route to the one I took in July.

One final stop at the highway service centre on York Rd at the QEW and then home.

Stan.

Stan, Wendy and I will meet you guys at the Oakville Pit Stop. If something happens and we are late we will hook up at the arena.

Looking forward to the cruise.

Honestly guys and gals don't miss this one. Lots of scenic roads and the trip through Niagara Falls is worth its weight in gold.

Stan, Wendy and I will meet you guys at the Oakville Pit Stop. If something happens and we are late we will hook up at the arena.

Looking forward to the cruise.

Honestly guys and gals don't miss this one. Lots of scenic roads and the trip through Niagara Falls is worth its weight in gold.
I'm in Niagara Falls. Hope I can meet up with you guys at Mic and Anglo's. Did you say 12:00

If the sun is out I should be able to come but if it rains my vette never comes out in the rain, sorry guys

I have to ask. Have you ever driven your car in the rain? Many times I have been caught out in the rain and I can tell you it is an interesting experience. You feel like you are in a cocoon, it is comfortable and kind of surreal. Yes you have to watch for deep standing water and traction is not the greatest but those things can be dealt with common sense.

I know lots of guys will not drive their cars in the rain. I probably would not normally leave if it was pouring rain, I have a half mile of dirt road to get to the highway but for Stan's Niagara Cruise I will make that exception. I can always wash it when I get home.

Was surprised at the number of cars that met up at the Timmies at QEW/Winston Churchill. Kudos to Murray and his lovely wife Wendy for making the trek all the way down from Haliburton for this cruise. They left at 6:30 in the morning and were at the Timmies by 9am.

I wasn't playing shutterbug today but I did manage to snag a couple of pics.

Here we all are at Mick and Angelos.
20150919_131021.jpg

And here we are lined up 2x2 cruising past Niagara Falls. 18 cars in all.
IMG_0084.jpg

It was great meeting the Piedmont Corvette Club from Virginia. I hope you all enjoyed today's outing. But I do feel bad for Sam not making the rest of the cruise due to the on and off and on again showers. Hopefully you'll join us for some cruises next year Sam. :thumbs:

Glad you made it home safety Stan, hope everyone else did as well. We are spending the night in Orangeville then travelling to Wasaga Beach and home to Haliburton on Sunday.

It was a wonderful day. Our new found friends from Virginia are a great bunch. Nice people, beautiful cars. Hope we can meet up with them again. That trip though Niagara Falls is worth its weight in gold. Lots of fun.

Really enjoyed seeing everyone today. It was another well planned cruise. Rain however has shrunk my car to 5/8's of it original site. Crap, it is the size of a Miata.

Reactions: Keith Tedford
The weather was not great yesterday but that did not dampen the fun of Stan's Niagara adventure. We met up with folks from the Piedmont Corvette Club for an enjoyable lunch and cruise to Fort Erie and back through Niagara Falls. Spectacular indeed.

Thanks Stan. Memorable day.

iMXc20Wl.jpg

WzGGP6dl.jpg

Uj3VaArl.jpg

lVfpzGnl.jpg

hLXCgfal.jpg

tYbHv41l.jpg

69Ds1kvl.jpg

4YNGkP2l.jpg

Xd7lbj3l.jpg

re8999Ll.jpg

I've been waiting for a few weeks to hear back from the Piedmont Corvette Club about a joint U.S Canada cruise from Fort Erie along the Niagara Parkway.

They finally got back to me this evening and they've set the date for Sept 19, weather permitting.

We will meet up at the Tim Hortons at QEW and Winston Churchill from 9-10am.

A second meet up at the Gateway Ice Center on Fruitland Rd. for 11AM and cruise to Mick and Angelo's for lunch at noon where we will meet up with the U.S. contingency.

From there, we will cruise to Fort Erie and back to Niagara Falls along the Niagara Parkway. Similar route to the one I took in July.

One final stop at the highway service centre on York Rd at the QEW and then home.

Stan.
Bonnie and I will try and make it. Sounds like fun.

Bonnie and I will try and make it. Sounds like fun.

Hi Pierre.

Sorry bud, but this cruise was on this past Saturday.

There is one more coming up on Oct 17 if you can make that. I had planned to post that cruise up today at some time. Would love to see you and Bonnie again. It's been too long.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread