…so far it looks pretty good for our C7 gear staying current :thumbs:
not optimistic about that though …

@ddgermann …. "look out below" … one message down :Woot:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
Has Derek seen this picture yet? :Biggrin:

C8 Black.jpg

I'm hoping that they release the "Z06" variant, or something like that at the start of the production run. Not just the "base" model..... Unfortunately, I think they'll follow their typical base......Z06.........ZR1 (or equivalent)........pattern, which means several years until I'm actually interested in purchasing the car :(

• Agree
I'm hoping that they release the "Z06" variant, or something like that at the start of the production run. Not just the "base" model..... Unfortunately, I think they'll follow their typical base......Z06.........ZR1 (or equivalent)........pattern, which means several years until I'm actually interested in purchasing the car :(
500 Hp not enough for you? - LOL

Started with Honda S2000 in 2007 at 240hp. Kept that and bought a 2008 Subaru WRX STi hatch at 305hp. Modified it up to just under 400hp. Bought 2013 Viper in 2015 at 640hp. Then '17 Z06 Vette in 2017 at 650hp. There's a trend.................... I still love to drive the S2000 and the Subie, but when I put my foot down, I realize I'm not in the Viper/Vette. Very dissatisfying. I can't imagine spending what I believe to be somewhere in the neighbourhood of $110K-$150K on the C8 to be dissatisfied.....................I want it to scare the s##t out of me.......If it doesn't do that, it doesn't have enough power and I've just wasted a lot of $$$$$$$$$

Started with Honda S2000 in 2007 at 240hp. Kept that and bought a 2008 Subaru WRX STi hatch at 305hp. Modified it up to just under 400hp. Bought 2013 Viper in 2015 at 640hp. Then '17 Z06 Vette in 2017 at 650hp. There's a trend.................... I still love to drive the S2000 and the Subie, but when I put my foot down, I realize I'm not in the Viper/Vette. Very dissatisfying. I can't imagine spending what I believe to be somewhere in the neighbourhood of $110K-$150K on the C8 to be dissatisfied.....................I want it to scare the s##t out of me.......If it doesn't do that, it doesn't have enough power and I've just wasted a lot of $$$$$$$$$
Not sure I want to go flying with you - LOL!!! My vette scares the sheet out of me sometimes. I am amazed how quickly I get up to 150KMh!!! And handles beautiful going into curves - awesome - love it. I have a bit of a heavy foot - so, if I had more HP I might really scare myself.

I hear ya. They are all quick cars. Neither the Viper or Vette give me the same thrill anymore.... After you mash the pedal 100 times and you know what to expect it's just not the same. I used to think the guys down south who twin turbo their Vipers to 1000+ hp were insane....now I get it 😉

PS: After you've had thousands of hp at your disposal and gone well over 500 mph these cars are just toys....

I'm wondering about a new C8 Corvette Logo :Shrug2:

@ddgermann …. "look out below" … one message down :Woot:

Credit to CRABBYJ who came up with this progression from the C6 to the C7 emblem, just one step further, e.g., the tighter wing design. And later it was suggested that a further change would be to eliminate the French flag within the emblem, replace it is a “stylized Z” as in the old TV show Zora.

E4B019A8-B68F-4537-A62E-358CFDE204C8.jpeg

... it was suggested that a further change would be to eliminate the French flag within the emblem ...replace it is a “stylized Z” as in the old TV show Zora

Oh my, I'd hope the powers-that-be would have a greater reasoning behind
replacing the meaning of the fleur-de-lis within the Corvette Emblem ... although ...
I absolutely get the idea behind implying a "Zora" of sort which would very likely
compliment the "big change" that is coming

Last edited:
I am very sorry if my post came off as disrespectful. That was never my intent. I was trying to instead honor the primary force behind the the Corvette, certainly the impetus behind the mid engine Corvette design/early prototypes, e.g., Zora Arkus-Duntov. How about instead, we retain the fleur-de-lis, and substitute the word “ZORA” for the bow tie.

Last edited:
Reactions: YFCvii
... interesting and thought provoking discussion ...
The checkered flag has enjoyed a high percentage of the emblem as a part of the cross-flags concept.
Perhaps the end tip of the left-side checkered flag can be considered for a new stylized "Z".

Reactions: Zora
I am very sorry if my post came off as disrespectful. That was never my intent. I was trying to instead honor the primary force behind the the Corvette, certainly the impetus behind the mid engine Corvette design/early prototypes, e.g., Zora Arkus-Duntov. How about instead, we retain the fleur-de-lis, and substitute the word “ZORA” for the bow tie.
Don't worry about being politically correct - the FDL should not be on the emblem anyway - right? Who cares , I sure don't - this is Canada Not France - LOL.

• Agree

I have a 2005 S2000, great lil roadster. I bought it back in 2015, kept it for about a year, sold it to a friend then i bought it back off of him last year. No plans on selling it off again it's a keeper. It may not have globs of power but the S2K performs so well with what its got. Especially on the twistys :p :finger:

Definitively won’t come close to matching the 720S until year two. We are getting around 475 HP for 2020. Still in year one, should scoot both in acceleration and on track better than any SR version, and could well exceed a GS with the Z07 package on the track — again with the 2020 version.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread