Featured Thread
Jun 21, 2019
VetteCoins
hey first time on this sight, am new to this so just some background on my project. have a 78 that at one point my wife's ex owned then my two step sons. one of which gave my wife the car.
found out that it had been put through the ditch once hard enough that the frame needed to be pulled and cracks in the fiberglass repaired. one of the kids blew the motor, so it now has the zz4 in it, but it sat for 5 years.
have rebuilt the rear suspension, and in doing so realized that i had rust holes starting in the frame, coupled with the frame not being completely straight i decide to get another one for it.
couldn't find a straight rust free one in western Canada, so got one out of California.
came sand blasted and powder coated, in hindsight should just have had it blasted then i could have cleaned all the welding splatter off of it.
so will value your opinions and i will be asking some stupid questions as i have never undertaken a project of this size.

thanks George
frame.jpg
frame.jpg

Attachments

• vette.jpg
    vette.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 27
Welcome @George

Great introduction to CCF.

Good first decision on your frame IMO.
You will find there are a number of very experienced C3 guys here who will share their experience with you. Quite a few good threads in the C3 section with restorations you can browse through as well.
So yes ask away before you corner yourself on your project. These guys here are excellent and will help out.
You may want to start a new thread soon with a title that is very specific “George’s 78 build” or something like that so the guys can catch it and offer some answers for you.

Look forward to following along with your build. 😀

Derek

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.