Apr 1, 2012
Port Moody BC Canada
VetteCoins
Car
2017 Corvette Grand
I own a 2017 Corvette Grand Sport and am wondering if anyone here might know where I can purchase a Window Sticker for my vehicle. The dealership promised to get me a window sticker but now that they have cashed my cheque, I guess I am not important to them as I was before. I received a build sheet from the Corvette Museum but they advised me they do not have the window stickers for Canadian Corvettes. Anyone here with information that could help me?

Reactions: jonsim
Your dealership should be able to print you one.
Mine was ripped and my salesman (lady) just had a new one printed for me. I got the impression they did it right there at the dealership.

This salesman clearly does not see you a repeat customer or he plans to win the lotto before you come looking for another car.
Sounds like you need to kick some Butt over there.

I think I would be inclined to contact the museum again if Derek's idea does not pan out. I am sure like Vegas 1500 that others had got their window sheet from them. Don't know why Canadian windows are any different.

Good luck with it. Nice item to have.

I own a 2017 Corvette Grand Sport and am wondering if anyone here might know where I can purchase a Window Sticker for my vehicle. The dealership promised to get me a window sticker but now that they have cashed my cheque, I guess I am not important to them as I was before. I received a build sheet from the Corvette Museum but they advised me they do not have the window stickers for Canadian Corvettes. Anyone here with information that could help me?
Odd. Where did you buy it - Duecks? My dealer gave me mine with the other documentation. It seems strange to me that that can't get you one? Love your car. Best of luck with your quest.

Reactions: L83
I tried to obtain a build sheet and a window sticker from the Corvette Museum but was told all I could get was the build sheet. Apparently they do not reproduce Canadian window stickers or any stickers for Corvettes marked as "export." My vehicle originally sold by Smith Chevrolet Cadillac in Kamloops.

Reactions: drvette
Bought the vehicle at Dueck Downtown. Last time I will ever purchase a vehicle from them. I have been chasing a window sticker from them for the last year. NCM does not keep records of Canadian or Export Corvettes. Only Build Sheets. Called GM Canada and the ambassador got in touch with the dealership. GM Canada called me and said they only keep window stickers for a year and I am out of luck. Have not heard a word from Sales, Sales Manager or Dealership Manager. Really annoyed!!! GM USA treats their customers like royalty. Buy a Stingray, Grand Sport or Z06 from them and they send you really nice wall prints in the mail. Looks like I might have to build my own. Shouldn't have to after writing a cheque for well over six figures!!!.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Bought the vehicle at Dueck Downtown. Last time I will ever purchase a vehicle from them. I have been chasing a window sticker from them for the last year. NCM does not keep records of Canadian or Export Corvettes. Only Build Sheets. Called GM Canada and the ambassador got in touch with the dealership. GM Canada called me and said they only keep window stickers for a year and I am out of luck. Have not heard a word from Sales, Sales Manager or Dealership Manager. Really annoyed!!! GM USA treats their customers like royalty. Buy a Stingray, Grand Sport or Z06 from them and they send you really nice wall prints in the mail. Looks like I might have to build my own. Shouldn't have to after writing a cheque for well over six figures!!!.
My experience with Duecks over the years has been terrible!!

General Sales Manager (in person) should be the best avenue as Service $$ should be as important if not more important than to just shrug you off.
If that doesn't work ... then the Service Manager might to good for knowing this ... ;)
Don't waste your time with a Salesperson as you already know where their "heart" is. It is the most frustrating part in that they
neglect to even reason that we are a resource of new sales referrals too. I've bought 2 Corvettes in the same time span as referring
4 Denali and SLT2 (LTZ) truck sales ...
I even found that sometimes its a matter that the window sticker has different delivery dealership name on it - and reason for not providing it.
I try to stress to them that it doesn't matter after the fact ... but that sticker sure matters for private resale or an insurance claim. I have personal
experience in settling a no-loss insurance claim that, until I produced my factory window sticker (or re-print) (not printed out whatever), they
were not going to give me credit for the fact that the paint was an extra $1000.
I hope you can get this from them ... try not to disclose your dislike of them ... to them. It's a never blow up a bridge idea as it's always
good to kick tires at places you don't buy from so that the place you are buying from has the feeling they still have to compete.
It sucks but it works.

I've never tried asking if another Dealership could get a re-print done "in exchange" for my new referrals and Servicing $$. Might be
an avenue to try.

(and yes ... the Corvette Museum is sadly not a resource for us ... even though they love us buying crap from their store ... :rolleyes:)

I've found that their are two types of "Managers".
#1 ... Those who Manage and focus on the "Resource" of what their Company Survives and Thrives by (i.e. Customers)
#2 ... Those who Manage .............. only to keep their job

Last edited:
The Sales Manger or even the Dealership Owner won't be able to do squat for a window sticker. That is a decision made by the Corvette Assembly Plant not to give the Museum the template for the "Canadian" or the cars marked as "Export." I was told the window sticker information has to be bilingual as well and they just don't have anything provided to them that they can reprint for those requests. Heck, I even asked for a window sticker with no French language on it and was told they can't/won't/or are unable to do it, (this was asked directly by phone to the Corvette Museum). They mentioned there is some coding and that some of the options won't transfer from the "Export" to "US" window stickers if done in that way.

You would be better off inquiring with the Bowling Green Plant as to "why" then the Dealership or the Corvette Museum for a Window Sticker request.

The Sales Manger or even the Dealership Owner won't be able to do squat for a window sticker. That is a decision made by the Corvette Assembly Plant not to give the Museum the template for the "Canadian" or the cars marked as "Export." I was told the window sticker information has to be bilingual as well and they just don't have anything provided to them that they can reprint for those requests. Heck, I even asked for a window sticker with no French language on it and was told they can't/won't/or are unable to do it, (this was asked directly by phone to the Corvette Museum). They mentioned there is some coding and that some of the options won't transfer from the "Export" to "US" window stickers if done in that way.

You would be better off inquiring with the Bowling Green Plant as to "why" then the Dealership or the Corvette Museum for a Window Sticker request.

As I stated earlier my car was brought over from an Ontario dealership to my dealership due to me wanting a specific configuration and color. It arrived with a ripped window sticker from the Ontario dealership. My sales person said “no problem we will print you up a new one.” They did exactly that and the new one lists my dealership as the seller instead of the Ontario one.
Don’t have a clue of how the process worked but I have the window sticker to prove it. It was done before I picked up the car. Notice it says “reissue” down by the dealer info. Also nothing is in French.
So it’s really disappointing to hear of guys having problems with this. Sometimes I wonder if these other dealerships actually give 2 *hits about their premium customers. Well it appears they do not and will say anything to brush them off after the money is in the pocket

AC0E4CA1-A7D6-4B38-8369-2E3E67C1530A.jpeg
E582719F-C92A-48A1-BB6D-5A39BC17754C.jpeg
57AF4CFB-5595-423C-A18A-0E1FCFA290CA.jpeg

No funny business either as the VINs match on the bill of sale and reprinted window sticker.
C371538F-5D10-455C-AB3B-71EE2486A580.jpeg

This is the actual story on window stickers so don’t let some lazy GM or dealership employee tell you different.
Hope this helped clear things up.

D

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: YFCvii
I was able to order the Windows sticker for my Canadian Delivered '05 from the museum. Actually, I ordered both the window sticker and the build sheet and had them laminated. All the NCM requires is the VIN number.
windows_sticker.JPG

Reactions: ddgermann
As I stated earlier my car was brought over from an Ontario dealership to my dealership due to me wanting a specific configuration and color. It arrived with a ripped window sticker from the Ontario dealership. My sales person said “no problem we will print you up a new one.” They did exactly that and the new one lists my dealership as the seller instead of the Ontario one.
Don’t have a clue of how the process worked but I have the window sticker to prove it. It was done before I picked up the car. Notice it says “reissue” down by the dealer info. Also nothing is in French.
So it’s really disappointing to hear of guys having problems with this. Sometimes I wonder if these other dealerships actually give 2 *hits about their premium customers. Well it appears they do not and will say anything to brush them off after the money is in the pocket

View attachment 20490View attachment 20491View attachment 20492

No funny business either as the VINs match on the bill of sale and reprinted window sticker.
View attachment 20496

This is the actual story on window stickers so don’t let some lazy GM or dealership employee tell you different.
Hope this helped clear things up.

D
Your window sticker in the above picture is the original one that came attached to the car when it was shipped from the museum. I can tell because it has the adhesive glue on it. Window stickers printed up by the Corvette Museum don't have that. The only information the dealership can get you is the Information reprint from GM Global Connect, which is not a Window Sticker.

I was able to order the Windows sticker for my Canadian Delivered '05 from the museum. Actually, I ordered both the window sticker and the build sheet and had them laminated. All the NCM requires is the VIN number.
View attachment 20499
You might have been able to order a Window sticker for a 2005 C6 but as mentioned, they aren't providing any for C7's, (or not as yet). If anybody thinks that the information I've posted is incorrect, feel free to call the National Corvette Museum yourselves. I too have been able to order Windows stickers for my old 2000 C5 FRC and my 2007 C6 Coupe.

Your window sticker in the above picture is the original one that came attached to the car when it was shipped from the museum. I can tell because it has the adhesive glue on it. Window stickers printed up by the Corvette Museum don't have that. The only information the dealership can get you is the Information reprint from GM Global Connect, which is not a Window Sticker.

You are incorrect. You are clearly not understanding or willing to accept what you see.

Note the sticker was never deployed as the backing is still on it. And it clearly says reissue.

So before you call someone a liar check your own facts and realize some folks can pull strings you perhaps can not.

Mike drop

Last edited:
Well I had the original window sticker in my hand that ripped when they they pulled it off.
It was from the Ontario dealership and had their name on it. So deal with it. Or not... I really don’t care.
Dupped... really. Seems you are the one trying to do the duping here.

Reactions: frankmp
Good day guys, im picking up my used c7 tommorow.. ill ask them at dealership for the window sticker before i finish off paying.. lets see what happens.. they already gave me the build sheet and service records on car when i asked..

Last edited:
Reactions: YFCvii
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.