Featured Thread

Crinks

Casual User
Apr 12, 2018
VetteCoins
I joined CCF yesterday and stepped into the middle of a post from another new user, Bo. My apologies Bo for doing that, my intent was only to share a similar experience with a new car purchase. I've never owned a Corvette before, but have been looking and wanting for about 20 years. I ordered a 2018 in October 2017. I was contacted by the dealer in January to inform me that my order didn't make the 2018 build cut-off and my order was moved to 2019 build. My car was built the week of March 19, invoice/VIN were provided on April 3 and my car arrived at dealer on April 6. I'm planning to take possession before the end of April when, hopefully, we're done with this weather. And the dealer honoured my 2018 price which was appreciated.

I love cars but never owned anything like this. I'm a new car guy and have probably had 25+ cars over a 40 year period (I'm afraid to count) so yes, won't be the first or last time someone calls me nuts! I have a sibling in the car business for over 40 years and the love of cars instilled both by brothers and my dad at a very early age. A brother let me drive his Chev Camaro Z28 4-sp at the age of 15 and I was hooked. When my dad bought my mom a '79 Camaro V8 auto, that didn't hurt either :)

And I have a very understanding wife.

I am so looking forward to this summer!

Crinks

Welcome to the forum and looking forward to hearing about your first summer with this amazing automobile!

Again, Welcome to the forum Crinks. I guarantee that the smile you have now will be from ear to ear when you climb behind the wheel of your new baby... And trust me on this.... The smile will never go away.... Enjoy.... Drive as safe as the kid in you will allow, and don't forget the Corvette wave.... a very important practice for all Corvette drivers.... Well.... the ones with class anyway.... Don't mind Jeff. Pics of your wife aren't really a necessity....(unless you want to)... Pics of your car are definitely necessary... We love sharing pictures here.... :thumbs:

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Welcome Crinks.

Yes post some pictures of your new car. You mentioned the Z28. I too loved those cars and how they felt to drive.
Well my friend.... you are in for something that will blow your mind. There is simply no comparison to the C7 Corvette feeling behind the wheel. This car feels light, stuck to the road and the performance is just WOW.

Enjoy

Derek.

Welcome to the gang! I also have a brand new Z sitting in my garage waiting for this crap to melt. I found 1 nice day in early April to get her home, and it's been stuck in there ever since. Not sure what's worse - waiting to take delivery (bought mine Dec 27), or having it home waiting to drive it!

I went to take a look at mine today.....WOW. Planning to pick it up from dealer next week on a sunny day!

Attachments

• WP_20180418_10_13_39_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180418_10_13_39_Pro.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 12
  • WP_20180418_10_12_49_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180418_10_12_49_Pro.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 12
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.