Little Duck

I'm New Here
Mar 23, 2022
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Hi All, Been on the waiting list @ Finch in London since April 2021,was originally 68th and now in the low 40's. I just want to confirm the process for me is like what others have experienced.

- 1k to get on the list
- meet dealer to finalize options when you get to 10-20th on the list.
- from what I have read you then have the ability to track order progress so you have approximate time of build and s/n allocation. Is this a web site you have access to or does the dealer share updates with you.
-if there are shortages like carbon fiber parts, high spoiler or black wheels that cant be fulfilled do these orders go in a hold pattern until the parts come and does the dealer track that? I guess what I am really asking is what if the options I am going to select are available however I have not had my order fed to Bowing Green.
-Is there a separate list for Z06, can I order one when I get to place my order?
-I picked Finch because I was told by a GM employee at Ravensburg in Windsor that Finch gets roughly 60/year....Accurate???
-how many of you were on more than one waiting list...I thought that was frowned upon.
-Is it really possible that there are smaller GM stores that have not sold all of their allocation for 2022 and possibly 23 by now?

I hear on some threads there is no window sticker and dealers are adding market adjustment $$$$. If I build a C8online and its $105K and I hand that to the dealer when I order am I at risk of them saying that the demand on the vehicles warrant a premium? I cant imagine that is accurate is it?

I apologize if many of these questions have been asked an answered before. I am hoping that things are improving and any current insights on availability or sites that I can monitor for accurate info would be welcomed.

Cheers
Little Duck

Hi All, Been on the waiting list @ Finch in London since April 2021,was originally 68th and now in the low 40's. I just want to confirm the process for me is like what others have experienced.

- 1k to get on the list
This varies between dealers/Provinces: for 2020 it was often a $5,000 deposit in Alberta however I know of some Edmonton dealers now who don't need ANY deposit, until an order is actually placed and then it's non-refundable
- meet dealer to finalize options when you get to 10-20th on the list.
Varies with dealers but many will call when you get closer to getting an allocation, since they want to maximize your build price and their profit by getting you to sign up for more options. Keep in mind that when you've got an allocation and when it achieves production code #3000 (order accepted for production) it's 99.99% impossible to change your order.
- from what I have read you then have the ability to track order progress so you have approximate time of build and s/n allocation. Is this a web site you have access to or does the dealer share updates with you.
Your dealer should be able to track your progress for you. Others with less communicative dealers will try contacting the Corvette Concierge line or contact people at the NCM (National Corvette Museum in Kentucky, located next to the production facility).
-if there are shortages like carbon fiber parts, high spoiler or black wheels that cant be fulfilled do these orders go in a hold pattern until the parts come and does the dealer track that? I guess what I am really asking is what if the options I am going to select are available however I have not had my order fed to Bowing Green.
Your dealer should be told what's "on constraint" and unavailable and should contact you to ask if you want to wait or you're prepared to proceed with your order w/o everything. I'd choose the latter.
-Is there a separate list for Z06, can I order one when I get to place my order?
As far as I know, most if not all dealers have separate lists for the Stingray and Z06 and you can't move between them. So if you're on the Stingray list, that's what you'll get.
-I picked Finch because I was told by a GM employee at Ravensburg in Windsor that Finch gets roughly 60/year....Accurate???
Can't say. You'll have to get an answer from other members of these Forums from Ontario, or do a "Finch" search to see what pops up for commentary.
-how many of you were on more than one waiting list...I thought that was frowned upon.
I was on several lists and still am for the Z06 and highly recommend it. There's nothing stopping you from doing this, other than your "pocket-book" if you're having to pay multiple deposits. If you get an allocation from one list, simply cancel your spot on any other lists.
-Is it really possible that there are smaller GM stores that have not sold all of their allocation for 2022 and possibly 23 by now?
Doubtful: chances of this are likely "zero" given the demand for this car.
I hear on some threads there is no window sticker and dealers are adding market adjustment $$$$. If I build a C8online and its $105K and I hand that to the dealer when I order am I at risk of them saying that the demand on the vehicles warrant a premium? I cant imagine that is accurate is it?
Some BAD DEALERS have surprised people by tacking on an increase when the order is placed (or worse yet, the C8 arrives). Hopefully you're with a reputable dealer and have been told it's MSRP...and better yet, you've got confirmation of the MSRP in writing already.
I apologize if many of these questions have been asked an answered before. I am hoping that things are improving and any current insights on availability or sites that I can monitor for accurate info would be welcomed.

No problem and generally, there are no "bad questions". You'll find many of these answers (and much much more) by checking the various posts on these Forums. There's a wealth of Corvette-related info here. Good luck getting your C8!!!
Cheers
Little Duck

Answers above, as best I'm able. Hope this helps and welcome to the Forums!

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.