Aug 6, 2017
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
2017 GS Convertible
Province
AB
I was on my way to the Calgary event today and met Mikey's Z06 who pointed me in this direction.
We have been driving Corvettes since 1969 with a brief time off in the 1990s. My wife and I were in the original group that started Edmonton's Northern Alberta Corvette Owners Club in 1970 and we moved to Calgary in 1972. We have two grown Kids: Daughter with a 1 year old Grandson and our son who is a pilot for Air Canada flying Q400 planes with JAZZ. We retired last year and spend winters in Arizona. Ordered my 2017 GS in August last year got it in early Oct (TWO MONTHS! yeah GM!) and drove it south a few days later. Just under 14,000km now and looking forward to heading south again in a couple months.

Bob

Attachments

• DSCN0252.JPG
    DSCN0252.JPG
    926.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
IMG_2437.JPG
IMG_2438.JPG
Welcome aboard Bob and thanks for signing up !! I think I get the free toaster now !! :thumbs:

As I told you earlier,beautiful car and thanks for taking the time to chat both there and at the Autocross.

Hi Bob and Welcome to the Forum.
Great to see your Red Calgary resident "C SEVEN" and it would be great to meet you in person some day.
Good to see Mike as welcoming as always.
Hey boys, count me in on chipping in for that toaster for Mike in Ponoka next year ...

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Welcome to the forum Bob. Enjoy that beautiful new GS. Might you have any old pics from the Corvette club back in the 70's? I dig those old retro pic's.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome!

- Chevy Girl - we're fortunate to have everything we need at our house down south so we only need to pack for the trip down :)
- Turbozig - we do have a few pictures but not in electronic form that I could share

Bob

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.