AxeZ06

Power User
Sep 2, 2018
Hamilton
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z06 Z07 3LZ
Took delivery of my 17 Z06 Z07 manual 3lz last week.
My 1st Corvette. I've been smiling so much, my face hurts.
Tried installing the skip shift eliminator today, but couldn't locate it. A hoist sure would be beneficial.
Jacking the car up was a learning experience too!
Hadn't driven a manual in over 16 yrs (still haven't stalled it....lol)
My daughter captured this when I picked it up

Cheers from Hamilton,
Gary

Looks great! Love that Arctic White w/Kalahari & black wheels. Never let the smile go away!! Everything will be a learning experience for a while at least. Don’t get overconfident with the power though. It can be very addictive!!!

Thanks.
I've been a power junkie for more than half a century. My motorcycle riding days are either over, or on hiatus. I had 80% of my colon removed, end of May. Still recovering......with my new therapy!
Three of my last four bikes were Hayabusa's. The Z06 is a totally different kind of excessive power. I love it, and I respect it, fully.

Reactions: Keith Tedford
Took delivery of my 17 Z06 Z07 manual 3lz last week.
My 1st Corvette. I've been smiling so much, my face hurts.
Tried installing the skip shift eliminator today, but couldn't locate it. A hoist sure would be beneficial.
Jacking the car up was a learning experience too!
Hadn't driven a manual in over 16 yrs (still haven't stalled it....lol)
My daughter captured this when I picked it up

Cheers from Hamilton,
Gary

The smile never goes away Gary. And welcome to the CCF. :canada:

Welcome.
Awesome car Gary. You will love this thing with the M7. It’s a very fun car to drive and can scare the hell out of you if you get cocky.
You did a great job pulling away for the first time with the clutch on this car. 👍
The car looks fantastic. How many KMs on it?
Enjoy 😉 😀

Welcome.
Awesome car Gary. You will love this thing with the M7. It’s a very fun car to drive and can scare the hell out of you if you get cocky.
You did a great job pulling away for the first time with the clutch on this car. 👍
The car looks fantastic. How many KMs on it?
Enjoy 😉 😀

Thanks everyone!
I picked it up with 1,875kms on thursday. There's about 2600 on it already 😁.

White C7s look great. Nice ride.

The skip shift eliminator is useful for some, but not others depending on how you shift. In my case, it was the best mod I've done... you'll find over the coming weeks whether it interupts your normal shift patterns or not.

White C7s look great. Nice ride.

The skip shift eliminator is useful for some, but not others depending on how you shift. In my case, it was the best mod I've done... you'll find over the coming weeks whether it interupts your normal shift patterns or not.

That's what I learned about the cags prior to buying the car. Some never have it activate, and some of us do. I've only used sport and track mode too, and it still locks me out occasionally.
Day 1) it only happened once. So I ordered the module. I've had it activate about a dozen times.
So, yesterday, I drilled a hole in a hockey puck, put a 3 inch x 3/8 bolt with washers and nut, to use for jacking the car up. Seems I had ample room under there, but I couldn't get it done.

• Agree
Reactions: G-ForceJunkie
Nice ride and welcome to the Forum. You might consider getting some Race Ramps. Makes it easy to get under the car for service and changing oil. CAGS installation would be a breeze. I have these and they work GREAT with my Grand Sport.
Amazon product

Thank you, and thanks for the heads up, i.e race ramps. I had only seen home made versions of these.
I placed a 2" x 10 x10 patio stone under the fr and rr tire....rolled the car onto them, and my jack had no trouble clearing the rocker panel. I had enough room, not enough know how!
I just couldn't find the do hickey to swap out.
(You'd think an old, retired auto employee, who has seen and done just about everything throughout the assembly process, could handle a simple task? Not me!!!)

Reactions: ddgermann
Thank you, and thanks for the heads up, i.e race ramps. I had only seen home made versions of these.
I placed a 2" x 10 x10 patio stone under the fr and rr tire....rolled the car onto them, and my jack had no trouble clearing the rocker panel. I had enough room, not enough know how!
I just couldn't find the do hickey to swap out.
(You'd think an old, retired auto employee, who has seen and done just about everything throughout the assembly process, could handle a simple task? Not me!!!)
Do a search on the site for "Jacking Puck" many of us have made spacers that fit in the shipping tie down slots on the sides of the car out of Hockey Pucks to make sure the jack does not contact the body panel under the doors.

Usually I get things like this done myself. It's not only annoying, it's embarrassing!

When I bought the car, I failed to realize the cable to manually release the driver's door upon battery failure, was not where it was supposed to be. So. I took the interior apart (left rear), found it, and did it right. Buttoned it all back up, and no one would know. (except the dealer.....who owes me 1.5hrs labour)
On another note. I spent the better part of 5 hours with a clay bar in hand today. Very pleased with the outcome. (mother's).

Usually I get things like this done myself. It's not only annoying, it's embarrassing!

When I bought the car, I failed to realize the cable to manually release the driver's door upon battery failure, was not where it was supposed to be. So. I took the interior apart (left rear), found it, and did it right. Buttoned it all back up, and no one would know. (except the dealer.....who owes me 1.5hrs labour)
On another note. I spent the better part of 5 hours with a clay bar in hand today. Very pleased with the outcome. (mother's).

Pictures.... ? 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.