I've had the car a week. Washed / cleaned it 5 times. The Ridgline since May.....yet to get at it.

Attachments

• 20180912_144911.jpg
    20180912_144911.jpg
    639 KB · Views: 24
  • 20180912_144842.jpg
    20180912_144842.jpg
    714.3 KB · Views: 23
I've had the car a week. Washed / cleaned it 5 times. The Ridgline since May.....yet to get at it.

Ya it’s like that owning a Corvette. There is the 5 times daily and just before bed garage checks and washing it is not at all a chore. Its actually something to look forward to for me. It’s great to look at all the lines while carefully cleaning it and then get caught by the wife standing there taking pictures and just staring at it after. 😂
Yours looks great and very clean. (No pun intended)

You got it bad man... but don’t feel bad.
We all do. 👍
My Hummer bearly gets a look in the summer as I’m infatuated with the Corvette.

Some carbon fibre would look fantastic on that white Z 😱

Really happy to see you enjoying your Corvette the way it was meant to be appreciated. 🍻

Gary, we are just a couple of weeks apart on acquiring a 2017 Arctic White Vette. Mine arrived as a result of a late life crisis that could only be fixed with one of the most beautiful sports cars in the world. I would have paid a psychiatrist for the prescription but my wife recognized an old guy in a sorry state and suggested the remedy. It only took a few suggestions :). Enjoy it man, the smile is always on when behind the wheel. You deserve every moment of the time shared with your new baby. Are you a Ti-Cats fan? Go REDBLACKS!

Ditto on the comments by Derek. Why is it that a 73 year old fart feels like 21 with a new toy. Bedtime garage checks are mandatory to make sure it did not run away. My wife thinks I am a nut case but she just does not understand what a car can do to a man's mental state. Be as enthusiastic as you feel and enjoy every damn minute.

Yes indeed, the car has been very theraputic, and I've been spending a good deal of time with my therapist. Ten days into ownership, I've got over 1500 kms of therapy.
Also, for me (I'm 63).....not only a late life crisis, but a Corvette had been on my bucket list for...........life.
Ti-cats? I'd rather see them win, than lose, but that's as far as it gets. I prefer nfl, but hockey is my passion.

Someone mentioned the hockey puck! I'd already had one ready with a bolt ready, before I jacked the car up.
I coached hockey (kids) for years. There were pails of pucks around here. I'd have to be nuts to pay $40 - $60 for the "special" ones.

Had an appt at the dealer today, to address a couple minor details. Salesman took care of everything perfectly.
While I was waiting, I went to 'service'. Asked if they would hoist it up and install the skip shift eliminator. NO. Asked if they could hoist it, and I'll plug it in. NO.
Reason: warranty will be void.
I told him it's my car, my warranty, here's $50, for 60 seconds work! NO.
Walking away, I (rather loudly) said "good luck seeing any service money out of me".
I bought it out of town. No reason to return there again, regardless.

AxeZ06, was the 1-4 skip shift a frequent occurrence on your Z06? Just wondering because my Stingray M7 has displayed it on the DIC only once that I noticed in the 2000 km since I bought it on August 18. Does anyone know if it occurs more on a LT4 engine than an LT1? Are there any settings that block the message? Should I be concerned that I am not seeing the 1-4 shift message on the DIC. Sorry for all the questions - the Vette experience is very new and exciting but I am a tad anxious about causing harm due to my lack of knowledge. I like to do 'spirited driving' as Chevrolet calls it - that is, shift at about 4000 rpm from 1st to 2nd to 3rd and by then I am over the limit on most roads around here and have to back off. I know the engine has the torque to drive at slow speeds in 4th or even 5th but that driving style does not generate any smiles for me. And that exhaust sound moving up to 4 or 5 k rpm on every shift is almost an aphrodisiac for this 73 year old mind. Maybe not almost :happy:.

It was frequent enough, that I'm thankful there's a fix for it. It seemed to happen at the most inopportune time, i.e. city traffic.
I tried to activate it, but it nicely goes to 2nd gear, at any rpm / speed that I've tested so far. It still lights up on the message thing inside the tach, but sows 2nd gear on the gear indicator.
I'm much happier with it every day, and today was extra special.

Thanks for the race ramp recommendation. They came yesterday, and worked very well today.

AxeZ06, was the 1-4 skip shift a frequent occurrence on your Z06? Just wondering because my Stingray M7 has displayed it on the DIC only once that I noticed in the 2000 km since I bought it on August 18. Does anyone know if it occurs more on a LT4 engine than an LT1? Are there any settings that block the message? Should I be concerned that I am not seeing the 1-4 shift message on the DIC. Sorry for all the questions - the Vette experience is very new and exciting but I am a tad anxious about causing harm due to my lack of knowledge. I like to do 'spirited driving' as Chevrolet calls it - that is, shift at about 4000 rpm from 1st to 2nd to 3rd and by then I am over the limit on most roads around here and have to back off. I know the engine has the torque to drive at slow speeds in 4th or even 5th but that driving style does not generate any smiles for me. And that exhaust sound moving up to 4 or 5 k rpm on every shift is almost an aphrodisiac for this 73 year old mind. Maybe not almost :happy:.

Sounds like you enjoy your car 👍

The skip shift won’t engage over 2000 RPM so don’t worry.
If it does engage in you simply increase the RPM or go 4th then back to 2nd.
Don’t try and force it into 2nd as that’s a bad thing that can cause damage to the gate apparently.
Mine rarely engages either. 👍😂

Never needed to install the skip shift eliminator on either the C6 or the C7. Our spirited driving with these cars is typically 0 to 130 kph....ok.... our spirited legal driving that is. Very seldom do I shift at low enough rpms that trigger the skip or the message so am guessing that's why it never doesn't me. I did force it to skip shift last time I had her out as I was thinking about this post. Yup... Still works. :Biggrin:

Welcome to the CCF. Pretty decent welcome thread material going on here.
I don't know how I missed this welcoming. I must be really hung up on the lousy weather where I am - so sorry.
I can surely see the sweet Black Z of @ddgermann parked beside this one of yours and busting out an awesome version of "Ebony & Ivory" as one just stands back to enjoy the sight … 5 times … :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.