Featured Thread
Mar 18, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
C4 Corvette 1985 4+3
Province
ON
Hi all. I was doing some self-quarantine at home and it was just too nice a day to stay home so I took the new car out for a spin down to Kingsville Beach and Colchester Beach and Harbour to take some pictures. Colchester is mainland Canada's most southerly village, located on Lake Erie, just south of the 42nd parallel, which is the same latitude as Rome and the northern boundary of California.
I purchased this Corvette a few weeks ago, for $6500, with 101,626 on the odometer, and brand-new American Racing wheels and tires. It was just too good a deal to turn down. During the safety check, I found that the rear spring was delaminating, so I replaced it with one from a '94 in good shape. Also, it needed a new windshield wiper motor and that was about it. It has some paint problems but it can wait until next winter for repainting.
It needs a lot of little details fixed... yesterday I pulled the instrument panel and replaced a bunch of bulbs and today, I've pulled the console box lid as it was flexing badly, and turned out to be full of cracks. I'm going to fill it in with a plastic sheet, fiberglassed in place... Tomorrow's job.
Anyway, this is a nice driving car, full of spirit and plenty of power. I'm quite happy with it and looking forward to putting my own personal touch to it.
IMG_2107.JPG
IMG_2107.JPG
IMG_2110.JPG
IMG_2112.JPG
IMG_2113.JPG

Hi all. I was doing some self-quarantine at home and it was just too nice a day to stay home so I took the new car out for a spin down to Kingsville Beach and Colchester Beach and Harbour to take some pictures. Colchester is mainland Canada's most southerly village, located on Lake Erie, just south of the 42nd parallel, which is the same latitude as Rome and the northern boundary of California.
I purchased this Corvette a few weeks ago, for $6500, with 101,626 on the odometer, and brand-new American Racing wheels and tires. It was just too good a deal to turn down. During the safety check, I found that the rear spring was delaminating, so I replaced it with one from a '94 in good shape. Also, it needed a new windshield wiper motor and that was about it. It has some paint problems but it can wait until next winter for repainting.
It needs a lot of little details fixed... yesterday I pulled the instrument panel and replaced a bunch of bulbs and today, I've pulled the console box lid as it was flexing badly, and turned out to be full of cracks. I'm going to fill it in with a plastic sheet, fiberglassed in place... Tomorrow's job.
Anyway, this is a nice driving car, full of spirit and plenty of power. I'm quite happy with it and looking forward to putting my own personal touch to it.View attachment 37674View attachment 37674View attachment 37675View attachment 37676View attachment 37677
looking pretty nice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread