Apr 8, 2018
Sask
VetteCoins
Car
2008 corvette z06
Hey guys! New here, I'll be picking up a new to me 2007 c6 z06. Has 14,000 km. It'll be the first vette I've ever owned.
Just wondering what you guys did for your side markers and tail lights to black them out. If you did replacements/tint or covers.
Also where did you order those from. Also looking to get a mild 2 wild switch.
Thanks!

Hey Mitch..
Congrats on the new ride and entering the Corvette World.
Welcome also to The CCForums.
I don’t know about the side markers on your car but i’m Sure two things will happen here.
1..everyone will demand pictures ..
2.. someone will have an answer to your question..

#1 has to happen before #2... those are the rules here!!
LOL
Graham

Hey Mitch..
Congrats on the new ride and entering the Corvette World.
Welcome also to The CCForums.
I don’t know about the side markers on your car but i’m Sure two things will happen here.
1..everyone will demand pictures ..
2.. someone will have an answer to your question..

#1 has to happen before #2... those are the rules here!!
LOL
Graham
Going to go put a down deposit here on Tuesday for it. Just a stock guy "for now"

Attachments

• IMG_1522.PNG
    IMG_1522.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1522.PNG
    IMG_1522.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 40
When Manny did my Z06 he installed the switch to manually control the exhaust on the left side of the gear shift lever for my thumb to press - I really enjoy having it there instead of the M2W fob that I had before to do that.....................

Hey Mitch!!! Now THAT is a way to dive into Corvettes! Very very nice!!!

I think the switch Garry is referring to is probably a custom installation for the mild 2 wild feature.

As for the tint, you can either buy a film, or if you want, you can get actual covers such as the ones found at Corvette Central (Great service with CC).

05-13 Side Marker Blackout Kit - 4 Pieces | Corvette Central

For myself, I changed out my lenses to clear instead of going tinted, but my car is not black, so that is a big reason for that route. I had one friend purchase a blackout tint for his rear lights.....it looked alright from 10 feet, not so great up close but it may be a function of the installer (himself) as opposed to the product.

Where did you order the kit from?

Good morning Mitch,

Honestly I'm not sure. Manny installed a LG gear shift since I found the stock one a bit vague - my excuse for always missing my 2 - 3 gear change and hitting 2 - 5 instead. I'll just pop into the garage here shortly and take a picture of it and see if I can see anything about it but it may be a Riley says and a one-off that Manny did. But worth pursuing in my books as it is a slick setup.

Cheers,

Garry

Thank you! With the covers, I'm just wondering if a guy would see the double sided tape through the lenses or not. That's what I don't want so I may have to go a whole new set of replacements. Are there any decent sites you guys order off of in canad?

Thank you! With the covers, I'm just wondering if a guy would see the double sided tape through the lenses or not. That's what I don't want so I may have to go a whole new set of replacements. Are there any decent sites you guys order off of in canad?

Hi Mitch. Congratulations on your new Z. This is a fun car. I had a 13 black one. My mild to wild was on a FoB that I just left in the door pocket for when I needed it. Seemed convenient enough once I got a sock in there to keep it from rattling around.

For your marker lights: I had mine tinted on my black 17Z and franky I’m not loving it.
So I have ordered blacked out lenses from WCC and am waiting for them to arrive.
Also talk to @turbozig as he has some really nice aftermarket marker lighting on his 15 Z51.

Congratulations and we will see all this at MITM. Check out the Meet in the Middle 2018
event so we can meet up.

Welcome.

Derek.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.