Welcome lainsC3. I was admiring your scissor door conversion yesterday and took several pictures. We will have to meet next time round. Enjoy the forum, definately a fantastic group!

20170909_110525.jpg

Welcome aboard and was great to meet you yesterday! if you would mind give us the story of the search and finding your new car. understand the doors didn't work when you bought it until you replaced the gas shocks.

Welcome aboard and was great to meet you yesterday! if you would mind give us the story of the search and finding your new car. understand the doors didn't work when you bought it until you replaced the gas shocks.
Great pic of you Paul with Ian and his wife :thumbs: I like to think that you were telling him that this is what this guy in Calgary does,he's not here today. He's not well,he stayed back at the hotel,they sent me along as a.... you know the rest of that song. Seriously,this is worth a thousand words. Maybe an image on the next round of CCF cards.

Reactions: YFCvii
Great pic of you Paul with Ian and his wife :thumbs: I like to think that you were telling him that this is what this guy in Calgary does,he's not here today. He's not well,he stayed back at the hotel,they sent me along as a.... you know the rest of that song. Seriously,this is worth a thousand words. Maybe an image on the next round of CCF cards.
redundancy with this photo capture however...
the epitome of our CCF membership
(of what Mike is referring to) ...
IMG_3202[1].JPG

As is the story of many I grew up admiring the C3 series from afar. It has always been my desire to own one, then kids came along and sidelined that reality for awhile. Now kids are getting older and more independent my wife and I have a little more time. We have been attending car shows for a few years and looking around for something we like and just happened across this car in Barrhead AB. A gentleman had purchased at an auction to restore but decided to retire instead and didn't have the space anymore. He made us a great deal and here we are. The scissor doors didn't lift at first as the gas shocks where weak but I was able to find the original supplier in the USA and found shocks with the same range but a higher pressure to lift the door easier. They work well now. Unfortunately they are a universal system, not made specifically for the C3 vette so they are not perfect on the car but they work well.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.