Musabi13

Casual User
Apr 9, 2017
Sudbury, On
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Corvette Z06
Hi there everyone!

I'm a car nut from Sudbury, Ontario even though our roads are quite horrible.

I currently have a 2015 BMW 435i and before that I had an Audi S5 I despised as well as an N54 BMW 335i Coupe so as you can see I usually am a lover of German cars, but I 99% of the time I don't use my back seat so I started looking at 2 seat sports cars, which of course led me to Porsche. I have test driven them but they are just soooo expensive for their performance, sadly. I also did look at the Mercedes and BMW offerings, even with back seats, but nothing really popped out at me (which is sad because I have wanted a M3 Coupe/M4 for about 20 years).

Then I landed on a Corvette and never really turned back! My lease is up (yes, lease, but thankfully my dad will be buying it out so it won't really be 'money wasted') in June 2018 so I'm looking to take delivery of a Corvette in May hopefully!

I am ridiculously anal and particular (probably to the chagrin of any salesperson/dealership I have been to) so I also have a question to go along with my 'Hello!', if anyone would help me out? I am wondering where I should buy my Corvette - anywhere in Ontario is game really. I had a bad experience with Georgian BMW and I know that Georgian Chevrolet has the same owners so I was going to stay away from them, especially with Toxixs' review I just read: https://canadiancorvetteforums.com/threads/toxixs-2017-corvette-a-terrible-experience-with-georgian-chevrolet.14558/
I'm sorry if this has been asked 1000000 times before but I did look around the forums quite a bit before posting!

Thanks to everyone here, so far it seems like a great community!

Musabi13....
Welcome to our world...
I think you will find us quite car oriented, but above that we believe we are people oriented.
And THAT is what makes us a community, as you stated.

Good luck with your purchase.lots of Corvettes available alll across Canada.

Graham

Welcome to the forum Musabi13. You are correct. This is a great forum and what makes it that way is definitely the people. Graham is correct. We are people oriented and I am sure that all the assistance and feedback and tips you want are here for the asking. Good luck finding your car.

Wow I am surprised at how many hello's and offers of help I have gotten! Thanks everyone! I'm glad to hear you are people oriented - some other.... 'places' I have been are quite full of themselves sometimes!

As for what car I am looking to get, either a Z51 or a GS. I would probably be ordering one though unless I found one with the EXACT options I wanted haha.

Musabi13: buy the GS because that is the best bang for the buck - basically, the best handling vette available. If I had knew the GS was coming, I would have waited?

Welcome to the forum! I am among the many here that wish you the best of good fortune in finding your Corvette.
When I buy, I have a "list" of dealerships that I would not be buying from. I use this to my advantage though as long as they have the on-lot inventory, I go to them to shop and test drive vehicles. This way my focus is purely on the vehicles and not on the excitement that builds towards the offer to purchase. Now with the knowledge of the specific vehicle I want, I then good for it with the Dealerships that I am willing to buy from. I know some may think of this as a waste of time, but I am one who seriously will take 3-6 weeks before actually making the purchase. I also only buy vehicles n the last week of the month (when I speculate that dealership management is probably about to send in their monthly sales info to GM).

... also, even if you surprise yourself by buying from a dealership that you normally wouldn't choose, you can always service it at another dealership. After all, it's the people who change in and out of the dealership that will make the difference ...

Cheers!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.