Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
CCF Members,

We have a slew of cool new themes coming allowing you to further customize how you consume all the goodness of CCF.

Up to be rolled out first will be the following:

1. CCF Ultra - Ultra Dark theme with many unique elements. This one will be darker than our regular CCF Dark theme and offer a minimalist top navigation bar.
2. CCF Ultra Side - Same as above with Navigation on the side instead of top

We have our Pure Themes coming right after:

1. CCF Pure and Pure Side - offering a very white elegant look (think iPhone iOS UX elements)

Hopefully by the end we will have a theme to suit any situation.

Last but not least we will offer an auto theme switcher feature which works when you're on CCF with your supported mobile device and you have System level theme switching enabled which most recent Android and iOS phones support. Basically if your phone is in Dark mode CCF will render a CCF Dark theme and regular mode will render a white/regular theme. Sounds like a lot of work but should be no change to you. Of course these options can be disabled.

Toodles.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Everyone,

As threatened I'm rolling out 3 new theme options effective immediately.

Themes are as above.

Ultra Theme brings an even darker and more contrasty look with subtle black gradients and CF effects. Ultra Side brings the same theme but with a side navigation menu as some of you do prefer this.

Pure White brings the iconic iOS UX to CCF with elegant flowing components, rounded corners and unique gradients and transitional effects. It is super clean and super white.

Both themes are minimalist opting to utilize as much real estate as possible.

How to Switch
You may access the theme switcher at any time by scrolling all the way to the bottom of any page on CCF and hitting the button on the very bottom left that will typically end with the word Theme i.e. Regular Theme for those of you rocking the original CCF theme. Click the button and a popup will show you all available user selectable themes.

You can switch back to any theme at any time simply by repeating the above steps. Do note that your theme preference is automatically saved for your profile so it will persist across devices where you're logged into CCF.

There are still some tweaks left including some different graphical assets particularly for the White theme but I wanted to get it out first and get some feedback.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Everyone,

Themes are as above.

Ultra Theme brings an even darker and more contrasty look with subtle black gradients and CF effects. Ultra Side brings the same theme but with a side navigation menu as some of you do prefer this.

Pure White brings the iconic iOS UX to CCF with elegant flowing components, rounded corners and unique gradients and transitional effects. It is super clean and super white.

How to Switch
You may access the theme switcher at any time by scrolling all the way to the bottom of any page on CCF and hitting the button on the very bottom left that will typically end with the word Theme i.e. Regular Theme for those of you rocking the original CCF theme. Click the button and a popup will show you all available user selectable themes.

You can switch back to any theme at any time simply by repeating the above steps. Do note that your theme preference is automatically saved for your profile so it will persist across devices where you're logged into CCF.

There are still some tweaks left including some different graphical assets particularly for the White theme but I wanted to get it out first and get some feedback.
Trust the dark side and Darth Vader have not taken over CCF Nik. lol

• Haha
Reactions: Nik
Everyone,

Themes are as above.

How to Switch

Ya should have warned me...After using the dark theme for this last while, I switched over to the ULTRA-burn-holes-in-the-back-of-your-head-WHITE... Pretty sure now I will be able to arc weld without goggles...
Just kidding.... really like the Ultra Side...

Ya should have warned me...After using the dark theme for this last while, I switched over to the ULTRA-burn-holes-in-the-back-of-your-head-WHITE... Pretty sure now I will be able to arc weld without goggles...
Just kidding.... really like the Ultra Side...

Yeah even I've switched to the Ultra as my daily driver for the last week or so. Crazy...

Users who are viewing this thread