Power User
Aug 20, 2014
toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2015 C7 Z51 M7
Province
ON
I recently read an article about the possibility of a new tax (10%) on vehicles over $100,000 that the Liberals proposed prior to the election. Has anyone heard/read any more info. on this? Is there something similar to this in BC?

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I heard that as well but whether JT can get any of the other parties to vote with him on it will be the question. Yes. BC has some kind of luxury vehicle tax but not sure how much it is.

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I got to pay these in Quebec
On purchase
  • cylinder capacity 6 litres or more: $205.00
And I get to pay this extra every year. It is depreciating as the car value diminishes each year
LUXURY VEHICLES

If you own a luxury vehicle, you must pay an additional registration fee when you first register your vehicle, and again each year when you renew your vehicle registration.

A passenger vehicle or light truck is considered a luxury vehicle if it meets the following three criteria:
  • it has a net weight of 3,000 kg or less
  • it is 7 years old or less
  • it is worth more than $40,000
The additional annual registration fee equals 1% of the vehicle's value exceeding $40,000.

The vehicle tax was mentioned in the same breath as other things that would take a majority government to bring into effect. JT can pretty much back pedal on everything he said before the election now ... and a minority PM role was pretty much his “plan B” to be PM with the promises and threats that came from his campaigning. No politics here ... just politics. Anyways ... I cant imagine seeing a federal auto luxury tax being able to get through except perhaps if on only non-electric vehicles.
If they can find a way to rip more money out of your pocket to waste they will find a way SN.
I am fairly sure the Greenies and NDP would probably be all for it just for the optics without any consideration as to how little fuel we actually use. They should instead give us a rebate for having environmentally friendly vehicles.

• Agree
  • Indifferent
Reactions: YFCvii and 12cents
[
I got to pay these in Quebec
On purchase
  • cylinder capacity 6 litres or more: $205.00
And I get to pay this extra every year. It is depreciating as the car value diminishes each year
LUXURY VEHICLES

If you own a luxury vehicle, you must pay an additional registration fee when you first register your vehicle, and again each year when you renew your vehicle registration.

A passenger vehicle or light truck is considered a luxury vehicle if it meets the following three criteria:
  • it has a net weight of 3,000 kg or less
  • it is 7 years old or less
  • it is worth more than $40,000
The additional annual registration fee equals 1% of the vehicle's value exceeding $40,000.

If they tried that here, there would be a revolutionary uprising... What was once the province of plenty is now pretty much broke....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.