Zora

Corvettes & Road Trips: Priceless
Regular
Sep 23, 2018
U.S. Pacific Northwest
VetteCoins
Here are three renderings that are brand new. The front one is very exciting IMO. Their source is Corvetteforum as linked below. If this violates forum standards, admin/mods please delete.
CF ME 1.JPEG

CF ME 2.JPEG

CF ME 3.JPEG

Latest Mid-engine C8 Corvette Images Have Us Captivated - CorvetteForum

Last edited:
Agreed on the front. The side looks great too. The mystery seems to be the rear. Lots of various configurations in the renderings. This rendering look quite Camaroish but the big outlet vents are interesting. I think I like that better than the smaller grilled ones in other renderings.
Soon we will see 👍

You will be very, very happily surprised when it is revealed. So many who already finding things wrong with the car’s practicality, will be in shock at how practical the car is for day to day usage.
I am cautiously optimistic based on your comments. I'm sure practicality is/has been factored in heavily by the design team. In all fairness, I don't think that we are necessarily finding things "wrong" with the car. It's just that we are all very familiar with the constraints of the mid engine design in terms of storage space, and we are equally familiar with the incredible space we are provided with the C7, which is in essence, the world's most badass hatchback. Realistically, there is absolutely no way the C8 will be able to match the C7 in this regard. Will they make the storage in the C8 the best in the segment? I wouldn't bet against that for a second. I think we are just trying to come to grips with the sacrifices we will undoubtedly have to make. 😉

Reactions: C SEVEN GS Bob
Good points, and yet we traveled with friends for 4,544 miles on a long trip. He is a superb photographer and a mechanic, so he traveled with lots of camera equipment and tools in their C6 convertible. They always wore clean clothes, but what they did was to twice during the trip, use their motel’s washer and dryer. And with that car’s 6 cubic feet of space, I am going to bet that the ME coupe will have at least 50% more than that. Might there be issues for those who travel with three hard sided suitcases? Of course. And could their be issues for the 2020 ME HT convertible? Maybe.

The frunk of a Ferrari ME has 8 cubic feet of space, more than our friends C6 convertible. And could there be additional behind-the-seat luggage shelf space, e.g., a la the McLaren’s and Ferrari’s have, space that is above and beyond the 8 cf in the ME’s frunk?

FEF77CBA-AF03-421D-BA81-21397227B80D.jpeg

The C7 came with an optional luggage set (pretty custom fitted); might the ME have a perfectly fitted luggage set as an option?

Reactions: flyboy999
I will never forget how my wife and I picked up some beach scene paintings for our place in Lions Bay at the Bed Bath and Beyond in North Vancouver and took them home in the Vette.....literally impossible in any other sports car. For me it's not all about travelling with luggage and the standard "golf bag" benchmark. It's about the everyday practicality the Vette brings: groceries (9 bags full...easily), brief cases (huge ones full of files), on and on.... Will I be forced to just put something in the front seat? Maybe, and that's no big deal, but I have to say, we're a bit spoiled at this point. We get 15 CUft. in the C7 Vette (targa) almost double the Ferrari....again....pretty much unbeatable.

Last edited:
The amount of stuff we could get into our C7 coupe is ridiculious in a good way. The trip to MITM had my car loaded with max sized carry on suitcase for each of us (2), big box of T-shirts, box of hats, box of flyers and forms for the events, chairs, corona beer soft cooler (detailing stuff), jackets, boom box, Doritos, and a bunch of big bottles of Perrier.... etc.
I was still able to put the roof panel in there on top of it all. Amazing the thing is like a truck. More stuff in the corvette than will fit in the rear storage her XT5 soccer mom machine.
I’m very curious to see what clever storage systems are in the C8. I’m also optimistically confident the designers will impress everyone with a good amount of space and targa top storage combined.
Not long now and we will see.

The amount of stuff we could get into our C7 coupe is ridiculious in a good way. The trip to MITM had my car loaded with max sized carry on suitcase for each of us (2), big box of T-shirts, box of hats, box of flyers and forms for the events, chairs, corona beer soft cooler (detailing stuff), jackets, boom box, Doritos, and a bunch of big bottles of Perrier.... etc.
I was still able to put the roof panel in there on top of it all. Amazing the thing is like a truck. More stuff in the corvette than will fit in the rear storage her XT5 soccer mom machine.
I’m very curious to see what clever storage systems are in the C8. I’m also optimistically confident the designers will impress everyone with a good amount of space and targa top storage combined.
Not long now and we will see.
Exactly!!!!! It's the least "sexy" part of the Corvette that YouTubers leave out, but when you actually "use" your car in the real world, and not just blasting around the canyons above Malibu, or seeing if you can remain within a second or two of a 488, 650S, or Huracan on the track, it matters........a lot!!

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
The C1 retro scoop is a very cool idea. The entire rendering has softer angles.
The orange one with the more jagged lines is sweet too.
I actually like them both. Throwback respect vs modern sharpness.... tough decision to say which I would want more.
Very good either way 👍

Reactions: Zora and flyboy999
Latest two GIF renderings from FVS. He is an incredible talent. We are very fortunate to have a industrial/commercial artist, who is like us, also a Corvette lover, donate his work for us all. And totally similarly, have Chazcron’s GIF and other renderings too; both are so skilled.

3EBD6850-3B78-4EC6-8D4C-1A09A70EEAD8.gif

BC69498F-2F7B-47B6-8C51-BA526FAD0BBE.gif

Funny. I still have a crush on our C7! It is super looking and a great, BIG FUN car to drive. It will be sad to let it go, just as it was sad to turn in our terrific C6 Z06, but we will continue on with buying one of each generation as they come out (or in year two). As my wonderful, gear head wife says, “I love Corvettes, get a new one whenever you want, as long as we live by our two standards (we can afford it, and one at a time).”

Now if somehow a ‘63 split were to somehow wander our way, rules are made to be broken...

Funny. I still have a crush on our C7! It is super looking and a great, BIG FUN car to drive. It will be sad to let it go, just as it was sad to turn in our terrific C6 Z06, but we will continue on with buying one of each generation as they come out (or in year two). As my wonderful, gear head wife says, “I love Corvettes, get a new one whenever you want, as long as we live by our two standards (we can afford it, and one at a time).”

Now if somehow a ‘63 split were to somehow wander our way, rules are made to be broken...
I really liked the C6 Z06 too......I almost bought one but went for the Viper GTS instead. My Z06 is a fat pig compared to the C6. But....everything else makes up for it. The carbon ceramic brakes alone are brilliant.

• Wow
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread