Peter Szarka

Casual User
You're 5
Nov 6, 2014
Langley, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2015 Stingray Z51
I experienced some mild creaking and groaning in the roof on my 2015 Z51 2LT Coupe. I took it in and they noticed my original dealer never lubed the weather stripping and contacts on the PDI. They did it for me and while I drove home, I started experiencing loud metallic creaking sounds. I took it back and after a day they said they couldn't fix it and I am now waiting for a $3,500 new roof under warranty. Anyone else experience the same issues ?
Cheers, Peter

When my roof starts to creak, I give the seals a good dose of the GM Delco AC silicone emulsion part # 10953041. About once or twice a year is all they need and all settles down and is quiet. This might work for others too. The seals need periodic restoration anyway to keep from drying out and falling apart.

Reactions: Peter Szarka
When my roof starts to creak, I give the seals a good dose of the GM Delco AC silicone emulsion part # 10953041. About once or twice a year is all they need and all settles down and is quiet. This might work for others too. The seals need periodic restoration anyway to keep from drying out and falling apart.
Thanks so much, I will follow that maintenance procedure.

Thanks for the link. Seems to me the dealer should also have knowledge of a solution like this.

Our local dealer sold three Corvettes last year. Just a small dealer in a small town. How much experience would their mechanics have with these cars beyond the original PDI and the odd recall? They have probably never had to finesse a roof to get a good fit. I usually just play with stuff like that until I get it working to my satisfaction. Those washers are an excellent idea but I haven't had to resort to them yet.

I lubricated mine with synthetic grease (from Cdn Tire) and added O rings on the front spindles that go down into the holders. The existing rubber grommets were still in place, I just added O rings to that same spindle and lubricated them. Also cranked the adjustment up on the back so that it pulls tighter than it did when closing, this pull close did seem to have loosened up since last year. I really noticed after we did a road trip thru the maritimes, the roof got pretty noisy over time. If I hit a very hard bump I will get some noise now but all the normal creaking is gone that I was experiencing before. Really a waste to replace a roof over this. I got the O rings off of Amazon.Ca here...http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00CFPK08A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

See my post on the new GM fix just out on Oct 2nd, no need for a new roof. See new thread on the subject. I am surprised that they would allow a warranty replacement like this with their fix in the works and now out. Maybe the left and right hand not knowing what the other is doing.

Hi C7 Driver! I edited your post to put the link in to your other thread: http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.com/threads/gm-fix-on-creaking-roofs.8646/

Riley P

Last edited by a moderator:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread