When talking about a "driving road", what three criteria do you feel are the most important?

• Posted Speed Limit

• Tight Corners (Lateral G's)

• Smoothness of asphalt

• Scenery

• Lack of traffic

• Brake use/acceleration out of corners

• Number of intersections and driveways

• Length

• Number of turns per km

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've done a few of those roads in my riding days, notably the Rattlesnake Point Road and a few of the Rosseau Backroads, as well. Once I went to visit a friend's cottage in that area and actually thanked him not only for the invitation, but for the directions he gave me, which allowed me two hours of twists and turns like I've never done before or since. There's a good one just south of Parry Sound as well, but it's not on the map. One of my favourites from years ago, is to take Brant Road, straight north out of Burlington. Go north of Highway 5 and enjoy the fun, until you get to the end, which is the road to Carlisle. You can go east over to Guelph Line and catch a couple of nice spots, and then over to Rattlesnake Point Road. I used to drag the floorboards of my bike through those turns. One had to keep the power on to get through them, as a 180 degree turn on a steep uphill slope is not one to go timidly through. Looking forward to some twists and turns in my C4, but unfortunately in the Windsor area, it's just way too flat for that.
Road trip time!

I used to live in that area and have driven up Rattlesnake Point a few times in my little Sonic. I had to go flat-out in 1st gear to climb it, it was so steep!!!

Interesting results... little surprised that lack of intersections and driveways hasn't been more popular... I have found spirited driving on roads with residential tends to attract complaints to the local police force... Blowing by some guy at 160 that's mowing his lawn or pulling out of his driveway usually results in a phone call.... Not that I would do that....:angelic:

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
I find myself a little concerned while pushing it in the car.......but if this was a poll for riding on 2 wheels, this would be #1, no question about it.

Yeah. I know what you mean but where I was from in NS we had some great twisty roads except there was hidden driveways on every corner and hill. Even at the speed limit you were always waiting for that car to pull out of a driveway in front of you. That's all I was thinking of.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents and AxeZ06
l lived in BC for 17 years and liked the Sea to Sky Hiway for Vancouver to Pemberton. Just had to be careful going into blind corners an the Valleys as you could run right into a herd of Mountain Goats. Loud pipes save lives out there for sure.