Jul 28, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
1988 Corvette
Province
NS
Would it be possible to have things like "welcome to the forum" or "happy birthday" NOT show up when you click "new posts"?

I'm not suggesting you get rid of it, but I normally log in and hit "new posts" to see, well.....new posts. It seems like every time I log on and hit new posts, peoples actual posts are buried in reams of "auto generated" messages and I have to sift through them all just to find any posts or questions made by actual people. Sometimes they're even pushed back to a second (or third) page because there are so many (of what appears to be) auto-generated messages.

If it's not possible, then please excuse my inquiry and carry on......

:)

Last edited:
Would it be possible to hve things like "welcome to the forum" or "happy birthday" NOT show up when you click "new posts"?

I'm not suggesting you get rid of it, but I normally log in and hit "new posts" to see, well.....new posts. It seems like every time I log on an hit new posts, peoles actual posts are buried in reams of "auto generated" messages and I have to sift through them all just to find any posts or questions made by actual people. Sometimes they're pushed bak to a second pagebecuse there are so many (of what appears to be) auto generated messages.

If it's not possible, then please excuse my inquiry and carry on......

:)

Good idea I think I can work something out on this shortly. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: YFCvii and LE BARON
Good idea I think I can work something out on this shortly. Thanks for the suggestion.
perhaps everything still there...
but in drop-down subsections under "What's New" with ...

"CCF Admin Announcements"
"New Threads"
"Existing Thread Activity"
"Active & Upcoming Events"
"New User Announcements"
"Member Birthdays"
"What's new from @Jeffer2013 " :joyful:
etc

not necessarily in that order ...
ya I know ... easy for me to suggest because I don't have to do the work.
only suggesting ... and never demanding :thumbs:

Last edited:
perhaps everything still there...
but in drop-down subsections under "What's New" with ...

"CCF Admin Announcements"
"New Threads"
"Existing Thread Activity"
"Active & Upcoming Events"
"New User Announcements"
"Member Birthdays"
"What's new from @Jeffer2013 " :joyful:
etc

not necessarily in that order ...
ya I know ... easy for me to suggest because I don't have to do the work.
only suggesting ... and never demanding :thumbs:

Lol. I'll try to think this through but I'm not shoving another 10 links to an already busy header except Jeffy's newsreel perhaps :) There's a more radical new layout I've been experimenting with but it maybe too much of a departure for a lot of you so may drop it in as some sort of option you can switch to in the future.

Lol. I'll try to think this through but I'm not shoving another 10 links to an already busy header except Jeffy's newsreel perhaps :) There's a more radical new layout I've been experimenting with but it maybe too much of a departure for a lot of you so may drop it in as some sort of option you can switch to in the future.

What about those who would like to be able to wish someone they know a happy BDay?

I don't actually use many of the existing drop down sections (the calendar selection I don't have permission for) .
Media Related could go only to the Media Drop perhaps.
A few others I never really see anything in them (ie. the showcase stuff)
My routine is clicking what's new and skimming over the entire list. Appears a majority might be doing it this way too

My suggestion was more or less aiming toward a "refining option" for putting automated (ie Bday & Welcomes) in their own drop down sub-section of Waht's New.
Therefore not eliminating a notification for them.
This until a real CCF member adds a comment to an automated message ... then that would actually be "something new"
(perhaps replacing some selections that are not used)
Therefore suggesting to not rid of anything new from What's New.

Reactions: turbozig
Alright quick fix on this. We're excluding New users and bday forum posts for the time being from New Posts effective immediately. There's a better way to do this which I'll work on in the near future.

:bwindow:
Seems I've been "out-voted" 2 to 1 ... or maybe it's my location. 🤣
As I am one of the highest CCF users, I have plenty of vette coins
to advocate that it's OK for a easy to find pipeline
for knowing of someone to wish a Happy Birthday in the What's New list. 🤣

I just use the "Mark Forums Read" Box at the Top-Right of the over-all listing
and my list clears of things I don't care to see - and then I just wait for more new stuff

Last edited:
:bwindow:
Seems I've been "out-voted" 2 to 1 ... or maybe it's my location. 🤣
As I am one of the highest CCF users, I have plenty of vette coins
to advocate that it's OK for a easy to find pipeline
for knowing of someone to wish a Happy Birthday in the What's New list. 🤣

I just use the "Mark Forums Read" Box at the Top-Right of the over-all listing
and my list clears of things I don't care to see - and then I just wait for more new stuff

Don't worry Spence I'll put them back shortly in a separate entry and make it all shiny and new looking again.

• Happy
Reactions: YFCvii
What about those who would like to be able to wish someone they know a happy BDay?

Consider this then: most people (who are savvy about internet stuff) don't put their REAL birth date on forums/facebook/etc stuff.

Far too easy to loose control of that data and it's just one more piece of info someone can use to steal your identity and do all kinds of bad things.

So, I'll wager half (or more) of those "Happy Birthdays" aren't really "birthdays" and just some arbitrary date.......

Consider this then: most people (who are savvy about internet stuff) don't put their REAL birth date on forums/facebook/etc stuff.

Far too easy to loose control of that data and it's just one more piece of info someone can use to steal your identity and do all kinds of bad things.

So, I'll wager half (or more) of those "Happy Birthdays" aren't really "birthdays" and just some arbitrary date.......
YYSSW
I had to look back at the request coming in based from annoyance with the what's new list being overwhelmed.
.... no worry regardless as these are removed ... I don't see a reason for me to debate this at all and won't ...
I was only forwarding constructive suggestion.

Last edited:
Don't worry ... I'm well-known for it and it's Publicly displayed on my Corvette License Plate ...
and definitely not individually toward you at all (nor ever personally toward any other individual).
I do realize I take the chance of my plate being perceptive though.
It's like how water goes off a ducks back in a way - like "no big deal".

... and I actually see the drop down has been remedied ... all fine in short time
... and I am satisfied with the compromise and resolve ... great magic @Nik

Last edited:
Don't worry ... I'm well-known for it and it's Publicly displayed on my Corvette License Plate ...
and definitely not individually toward you at all (nor ever personally toward any other individual).
I do realize I take the chance of my plate being perceptive though.
It's like how water goes off my back in a way - like "no big deal".

... and I actually see the drop down has been remedied ... all fine in short time
... and I am satisfied with the compromise and resolve ... great magic @Nik
I was trying to say I have no idea what “YYSSW” stands for....

Users who are viewing this thread